1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Building a slatmill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by bukskin.banks, Aug 14, 2011.

1. mistabonz

mistabonz Top Dog

Make sure all your slats are square side to side. Also by some silicone lubricant for the steel rollers. And make sure your hubs are aligned with each other. As any little bind in the belt will slow it down substantially.

2. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

will do ^ thanks for all the tips

also just thought. Probably for a "killer spinner" type of track. Use wider slats, some type of light weight hardware, and then you can still use the second black fire hose style i tried. No slat roll and super light belt.

3. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

kinda ranting lmao but just thinkin outloud so anyone can critique my thoughts. Tomorrow i'm going to finish putting all the galvanized in. Then push one side of the belt up flush against something long thats perfectly straight, then tighten it all up so my belt is 100% straight. Then set it on the mill and line up my hubs accordingly. Should be a straight as possible.

4. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Now you're thinking. lol Since you like to work with wood you can take a 3/4" sheet of plywood and a 1"x4" or 2"x4" and screw it down on it (chalk a line, pull a string, or use a good straight edge) and make a jig to keep your belt straight while putting it together. Be sure and screw a piece down at the beginning (your 1"x4" or 2"x4" will be L shaped) using a framing square so your belt will be square. Every few slats check with framing square to make sure you are staying square.

5. mistabonz

mistabonz Top Dog

Only problem I see is if you have already drilled your holes before squaring.

6. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Slats would be ok. If the holes in the belt material are off switch sides and make new holes or use new material.

7. barber

barber Pup

good job sir