1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

build carpet mill

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Gmaculous, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Gmaculous

Gmaculous Pup

Thinking of reducing incline slightly, but the girls love it lol. Any suggestions/ improvements.
    007.jpg 009.jpg 008.jpg

2. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

very nice i would lower the front a little

3. widerange

widerange Big Dog

yeah i i dont know alot about mills but it looks like that front is too high. i could be wrong but i think i remember reading that the front should be 2 inches higher then the back. anyone know if thats right or not?

4. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

I have no idea but the total length is a part also of the cornering degrees.

5. Bogey

Bogey Pup

I think the front is too high, I would suggest make a 3-5 degree angle against the rear. IMO :)

6. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

i would not change the mill...just put a 4X4 under the back...it actually works better to change the angle of the mill....looks good...know a guy who use to build them similar to yours...LOL...best of luck....US1

7. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

slim12 you still making mills?

8. fonzie

fonzie Top Dog

thats a nice mill

9. Gmaculous

Gmaculous Pup

Yea Slim, I have a great mentor that hooked me up on some prints to build this beauty!! :)

10. pontala

pontala Pup

Hi I am in the process to built a carpet mill, can anyone tell me what is the best way to attach the carpet and if it is necessary to be tight or it should have some slack?
    appreciate it

11. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

very steep incline, otherwise looks good. Also very interested if you followed any prints and if so, would you mind posting?

Thanks

12. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I don't recognize that handle as being a active member now a days, I could be wrong though, maybe they pop in and out with posting. I'm sure there's other threads on here with some but I know for sure I seen some on another site, I'll see if I can find them or somebody else may see this and post them.

13. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

Thanks Treez, i know i've seen them before somewhere, I'll dig a little deeper also.

14. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Hit up Slim, I belive he still sells his blueprints. Only thing you need after that is time,material, tools, and sweat.

15. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

16. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I was "friends" on FB with some dude who gave the prints away, I'm almost positive. But since they made my account a business account because they didn't believe my name was a persons name, I had to start a new one and lost contact with ol dude. I'm sure they're all basically the same though.

17. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

yea i tried to set up an acct in Bea's name. FB wasn't having none of that. le sigh =/ At least i still didn't have to use my real name :bananadevil: