1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding Too Young

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by ohpitbulls, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

thinkin bout addin this to the dogman quotes thread :D

2. CCDINO

CCDINO Pup

I have heard from a few people
    They won't breed a bitch for the first time if she's over 4-5yrs old.they said some bitches tend not to have the maternal instinct then.but can someone tell me why you would want to breed at the first heat.my last bitches first heat was at 8months.I'd personally never bred that young.I know plenty of guys that bred bitches at 1yr.none had a real good reason for it

3. nobody

nobody Banned

Some cons about breeding back to back.
    Hip problems, leg problems, uterus infections.
    Getting a weak and saggy ars bitch, seen plenty on dog farms.
    The reason the domestic dog is more frequently in heat is because of us humans and our meddling with the breeds.
    In the wild, bitches are mono-estrous, meaning they only get 1 heat a year, so in the wild breeding back to back can not be compared with the domestic dogs that we have today if we breed them back to back.
    In the wild the bitch has a longer recovery period before getting her next heat with domestic dogs in can be anything between 5 to 9 months even sometimes 4.
    Do you stil think they were 'designed' for this. jmo