1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding to a well bred cur?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by NC, Sep 14, 2009.

1. preme

preme CH Dog

wow joe,do you smell a rat:mad::mad::mad:

2. NC

NC CH Dog

Thats funny... I was on other forums defending you and saying how what they did to you was wrong..... Just the same as I did when Ed Faron got busted, not sure if you know Ed or not but feel free to ask him what a "cop" I am...lol... I have a job that pays most of my bills puts food on the table and feeds my dogs I won't apologize for that in the least bit.

Marty and Shon both know me.... you're welcome to talk to them about me as well. Shit I asked Marty to pass on my well wishes to you and your family many times when all that went down.

I simply got on here and asked a few questions about a historical figure in the dog game doing something that many people wouldn't do and I was wondering what everyone else thought of that.

3. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Big Dog

Getting back to the original question, yes I would have bred to Nigger. What people still don't understand is you don't breed to an individual dog you breed to what made up that dog. What makes up that individual dog is it's littermates, parents, parents littermates, grandparents and grandparents littermates. It's not a crap shoot considering how Nigger is bred it's a calculated risk. Cold dogs are no different same concept.

People still don't understand there are very few prepotent producers, those are producers no matter what they are bred to produce what they are. When I here people say they breed best to best without a consistent pedigree I know they don't have consistent results.

Do I think Mayfield was some kind of breeding guru...NO! Don would have took any Tudor bred dog at the time he just so happened to get Nigger after he changed hands about 6 times and after he quit. Looking at Nigger's pedigree I can understand why he would want the dog.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Pedigrees&file=printPedigree&dog_id=378

Nigger's sister was champion Ch Snip, his sire was champion Ch Jeff, his grand sire was champion Ch Spike, one of his grandsires Dibo was an excellent producer as well as his granddam Black Widow. Breaking down that pedigree further look at all the siblings of the above mentioned dogs. The only chance you were taking is hoping he wouldn't produce what he was and it's obvious he wasn't prepotent.

4. Marty

Marty Guest

joe the Man is what he is and hes is the man,but he ain't after you lol

nC IS M Y BUDDY SO IS HES YOURS man stop being so disrespectful hes good people OK?

5. Marty

Marty Guest

You don;t trust me?

6. NC

NC CH Dog

Thanks Marty.

Any how back to the topic.....

Crazyhorse correct me if I am wrong then. Are you saying you'd have bred to him and seen what kind of a producer he was and then made a decision about culling or what have you?

7. preme

preme CH Dog

Thanks For Getting Back To The Thread.... You Got Some Valid Points

8. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

Its still a hell of a chance to take on a dog that quit/cold, no matter how the dog is bred and who his littermates are. How many have been culled that were in similar situations? How many breeders have taken a chance and bred dogs that quit/cold/untested and wound up with junk?

9. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

I would, I would breed to a six minute cur. Shit why not, at least I know he quit. Alot of folks in todays world are sold woof tickets on a daily bases, not seeing what so and so has supposedly done, just going off of word of mouth and how there bred. Another reason I would breed to a six minute cur, is to see if he could produce. Now, I wouldn't back my best bitch to him but, find a decent one for him and see what pops out. Another reason I would do it is if I had the space to keep the whole litter, cause if I bred to a cur I would not sell, place, farm out or let any one of those dogs leave my home without them being grown and to standard. And if this was to happen nobody would know unless I saw fit, although I bred to a cur I would not lie about how my dogs were bred like some. The cur's handler was honest enough to tell he quit.

Mac

10. preme

preme CH Dog

so if its not so much the dog but the ped???

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
  11. Marty

Marty Guest

Damn ever time I breed a dog it's to a curr so what??????

12. preme

preme CH Dog

then why cull????

13. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

so you wouldnt breed your "best" bitch but would breed an average one to a 6 minute pos? tell ya what, thats ludicrous plain and simple. to breed a shitty male with a shitty female you will most definitely end up with shitty offspring.

14. preme

preme CH Dog

lmaol ...................

15. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

Mac, thats alot of time, money, and effort not to mention room that could be afforded to something more deserving. Mayfield added the odds up in his head, took a gamble and got lucky. Not alot of that kinda luck going around in the history of the doggame.

16. preme

preme CH Dog

% start going down

17. Marty

Marty Guest

I cull all mine @ two daYS old :s

18. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

hindsite is 20/20.

19. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

lol....I can't help but wonder, how many people here are just 'story tellers' and how many truely know what they're talking about. Makes for great entertainment though. I'm sure for every 1 person that knows what they're talking about, there's 4 who only wish they did.

20. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i gotta agree, what sense is there breeding to a dog simply because his handler admitted he quit. if he was well bred, and a quitter, id think your best bitch might at least up your odds a little, and i still wouldnt do that.