1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breeding questions

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BoiBoi, Feb 17, 2011.

1. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

So I'm planning my first breeding very soon with my banjo bitch just wanted to get some questions answered. First from what I understand once the dog starts bleeding u breed 10 days later and then breed 3 days in a row, is this correct?
    I feed exclusively raw to my dogs, is there anything special I should add to the dogs diet while pregnant and also while nursing?
    Can I wean the pups directly onto raw?

2. i agree with the 10 days after first sign of blood. but split the 3 days a day apart. ex: monday, wednesday, friday. sperm lives for 48 hours so one day after another will do no better than just one breeding itself. and wen ur do ur 3 breedings, take ur second one (wednesday in my example above) and count 63 days from that and your pups will be born. works every time;)

3. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

In my opinion, if you have to ask you are not ready.

4. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

deadgame thanks for the info i'm just looking for any other info because i've talked to a lot of dogmen about breeding and a lot of them have different views but what you said seems to be the most common response.

absolute peril, no one asked for your opinion, u don't know me but others here do and i'm not doing this breeding to peddle pups like most dudes, this is a breeding for me and my closed circle of dog fanciers, all im looking for is other peoples insight on breeding. If you have nothing informative to add don't bother writing

5. i herd if you breed a dog toward the end of her heat the pups come quicker, the guy who mentioned this breeds bullys so im not sure if he was trying to stunt there growth but yea, breeding towards the end of the heat ive herd pups come quicker, any truth to this?

6. jacko

jacko CH Dog

is this for real ?

7. PADogman

PADogman Top Dog

Good luck with that breeding. Who are you sticking her with? I've always liked that Banjo gyp you have.She sure did grow up fast lol. I remember when you drove down to get her. I got a empty spot for one if you run out of room lol.

8. jacko

jacko CH Dog

bitches tell you they are ready ,once youve seen it .but first you have to see it ..:dogkiss:

9. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Surely you wouldn't ask this question if you know about flagging etc..??

10. jacko

jacko CH Dog

a clear sign that something ......has happend , is if or when the bitch starts mounting the male..........

11. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Padogman I'll post the ped of the breeding once it's done but just to let u know it's to a banjo bulldog that's out of that uncle tom stuff.
    Scooter I do know about flagging but my female has never had a dog around her when she was in heat so I've never seen her flagging.
    Why are yawl hattin on a simple question, damn this site hasn't changed at all still same old hater just under new names. Like I said if u have nothin informative to add stay in ur lane and find a new thread to fill with useless posts

12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

no hating here. good luck with it BB;)

13. ryan

ryan Pup

With all due respect, your mentor/vet should have answered all of these questions for you already, and to your satisfaction. The fact that you are asking these questions indicates you have not gotten the guidance that a first-time breeder should receive. No offense intended.

14. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

Good luck with it.When you are done with the whole process you will have learned.

15. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Not all bitches flag and every female ovulates on their own cycle. The trick is to have the semen available when the eggs are there.

BoiBoi, how many heats has the bitch had? Did you notice/record her schedule. When she starts bleeding, how long she bleeds for etc.?

We have bred a bitch from day 9 and every other day for 4 ties. If the male will mount and tie, who cares whether it's day 7 or day 14.

All you can do is try to breed them, if it works, breed them every other day until they won't any more. If it doesn't work, try daily until it does, then every other day till they won't.

There is no set plan for it.

16. Ricky1969

Ricky1969 Big Dog

wait til 11 days after you first see the Blood and then rub her twat and see if shes flaging

17. act284

act284 Big Dog

the SEARCH tool would avoid these negative responses...

18. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

Though you did ask for EVERYONE's opinion by posting here and when you get a few you don't like you freak out. I am not saying everyone should know everthing but you should know simple things if you are doing a breeding or you could read about it instead so you can avoid any "Hate" you get. I have seen you around before and I don't assume things about you. You shouldn't freak out over a small bit of criticism. If so why are you online, the internet is full of opinions. ;)

19. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

I would say if this breeding was done for a small circle of people, someone should have experience and be able to guide you in the right direction. The internet can be a great resource and it can steer you in the wrong direction!!

Your understanding of breeding is incorrect. You are attempting to breed the dog during the time she is ovulating. The "10 days" rule is not correct for every dog. There are some bitches that are ready much earlier and some later. You can keep the male around and "try" if you want, but just because you wait a certain # of days doesn't mean you will be successful, as each dog is an individual. You could get advanced and do a progesterone test. But without doing that you are basically doing multiple breedings to "cover your bases" so to speak.