1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Branding dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by cliffdog, Oct 25, 2011.

1. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Is it illegal in any states/considered animal cruelty? Anyone know of any APBT folks branding their dogs.

2. old goat

old goat CH Dog

they're has been many dogs branded . i don't know if it's illegal .

3. willypete

willypete Big Dog

we are talking about cold brands right

4. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

I am very interested to hear folks' insight on this. I was just discussing the notion of branding my stock today. As an alternative, I may just do ear tattooing.

5. Bert Sorrells use to brand his dogs. The best and painless, and legal method that I know of is freeze branding.

6. old goat

old goat CH Dog

dry ice is what they use to get it cold .

7. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

8. A tattoo would be just as effective and you wouldn't have to worry about the legality of it.

9. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Thanks for the link bgblock. Yeah, cold/freeze branding is what I was talking about.

10. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

True enough. I was just interested because I met some coondogs with branded ears the other day. I like that it can be done from home by yourself.

11. Good point

12. allbiz00

allbiz00 Pup

I purchased a pup from a well known dogman and active kennel and the pup is tattooed.

13. old goat

old goat CH Dog

you can tatoo and i do . but it does'nt stop them from cutting it of . brand the back leg . then you can see it from the street if you have to . this mag has a tatoo press with letters and numbers . if you use it shave a strip of hair on the belly or hind leg . then the hair will grow back to hind it .you put it in the eat . they might cut it off . and put it where the skin is loose .

14. old goat

old goat CH Dog

15. are they still branding horses

16. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

17. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Well now I know what's up if I see a dog without an ear. Lol. Thanks.