1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bolio Blood 101 (or any other bloodline)

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by blackbeard, Jul 14, 2004.

1. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

This thread has been given form due to certain posts I have read in the thread ´´The Source - Bolio Blood´´. The purpose of this forum as with any forum is to inform, share, or exchange facts or information. This should be done only when one is familiar with the matter at hand. My point is the folowing. I got back in the dogs again about a year ago after being heavily involved from the late 80´s to the mid 90´s. My first dog I recently got from Pat Patrick, from whom I had already purchased three dogs in that era that turned out to be fantastic. I had been waiting for about a year for him to do a breeding that fitted my interests. I am pretty familiar with his dogs so I know what works for me. Anyway, I run into "this" website while researching the Bolio blood, and I go straight to the Bolio forum. Someone asks ´´what is the best source of bolio blood¨´, my answer was ´´Pat Patrick has the best and the most of it no doubt in my mind. Period. Another person had posted something similar, and the can of worms was opened once more. Alegations about the theft of Bolio and the child molesting thing were again the main topic. People said that due to that, they preferred getting their "Bolio dogs" from other sources. Well let me tell ya´ll there is no such thing. There are no other sources. The case is different with other bloodlines such as the Eli blood which in itself is divided into other families Rufus(Groves´), Boudreaux,Nigerino, Maverick, etc. There is one way to develop a bloodline or family of dogs. It is to breed to an individual who has the most sought after characteristics, for example Jeep, Indian Bolio, Alligator,Rascal, etc. Down the line different people will gather those dogs offspring and breed full or half brothers into eachother, and so forth eventually developing their own strain. A variation of this method is pretty much the same except that the breedings are done by an individual(the breeder) and not different people. For example Carver, Mayfield, Clouse,Maloney,etc. He keeps as many offspring off of a desirable breeding or breedings as possible and then breeds more generations that descend from those foundation dogs thus creating a family of dogs, like the Boyles´.

Back to the Bolio blood issue. When I´ve asked for others to mention other sources I only got one vague response. So vague in fact I don´t remember what it said. I do remember someone referring to "Handsome Jr. dogs as Bolio blood". And I happened to run into a link for a supposedly "Bolio" dog. I quickly hit the link to see the dog´s breeding, his name was TDK´s Zuzu 1xw, a fine looking animal and very well bred, but he´s not a real Bolio dog. not even close. He has no Bolio blood coming in from his mom´s side of the pedigree. He could be a "Ch. Bros. Handsome dog", but not Bolio. Why?, you might ask,it´s very simple, because Ch. Bros. Handsome is the only dog in there that goes back to Bolio,Duh! He is a son of Bolio, but he´s also a grandson of Tombstone, and that doesn´t make him a "Tombstone dog" either, he´s just a very well bred dog. If you took him and bred him to full or half sisters from either side you would begin getting the famous Bolio/Tombstone cross, especially from his mom´s (Patrick´s Boni Maroni) side. Yes Patrick´s, probably the most controversial name in the dog game. And you know where Ch. Bros. Handsome came from, right? He came straight from Pat´s yard. Pat Patrick is the man who dedicated his life to breeding dogs of off Indian Bolio and thus creating this magnificent strain, no one else. How the hell can you say there are "better" sources for that blood. It is a ridiculous statement that has no weight whatsoever, unless it is told to someone who doesn´t know his shit or does not care to do research letting their brains get clouded by sensationalistic rumors. To demonstrate my point the pup I got from Pat has 8 dogs straight off of Bolio in a 7 generation pedigree. 3 of them resulted from breeding Bolio back to his daughters. Some being half Carver others half Clouse through the Ch. Staber blood. Some of those half brothers and sisters were bred to eachother thus making Bolio the most prominent dog in the pedigree. My dogs pedigree ended up having Bolio 24 times in 7 generations. I´ve seen tighter. My dog has a little bit of Chinaman/Eli through the bottom half of his moms side as an outcross. Still being a heavy Bolio dog.That is how you develop a certain blood. Not just from one son or daughter of any given blood. The dog I mentioned earlier Zuzu is a Ch. Bros. Handsome dog because that is the dog that appears most, and from what I remember bred to different bitches. Thus enhancing the characteristics of Handsome not Bolio. When you see a Jeep dog´s pedigree you see Jeep being bred to different bitches and daughters and mixing offspring from those breedings together and so forth. Thus enhancing the chances of Jeep´s characteristics in future offspring, this is all very basic stuff.

So, lets review. There are no, I repeat no other sources for Bolio blood other than Pat Patrick. If you choose not to buy from him keep in mind you have eliminated your chances of getting the most amount of Bolio blood available anywhere at any time. Don´t fool yourself, or let others fool you in this matter believing all the hype.There is a kennel whose web page I have seen called NWO Kennels, and they have about 8 dogs they bought from him which they breed and do crosses with. This may satisfy the morally ethic as no rumors that I know of circulate about NWO Kennels. I do not know them either, just know they have these dogs. I bet my ass that the majority of people posting these things haven´t even seen a Patrick dog in person. They just post the shit they heard from a friends, friends, friend. All of this is just my humble opinion.

P.S. This article is not intended for anyone in specific. It is just to shed some light on the subject, but if the shoe fits, WEAR IT!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2004
    Bubba likes this.
  2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

LOL my friend, interseting post. The ZuZu dog is in fact, a Bolio/Tombstone/Stompanato dog, and more than that, he's a bulldog. The Bolio blood may be coming from Patrick, but again, IMO, there are better sources out there for Bolio blood. I respect your thoughts and your opinions, but those are mine. While ZuZu may be a Handsome Jr. dog...duh, Handsome is a Bolio dog...
    BB

3. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Families of dogs, Sorrells, Stevens, Mims...a true Sorrells dog, can only be purchased from Sorrells himself, a true Stevens dog can only be purchased from Stevens himself, a Mims dog, can only be purchased from the man himself, as those are families of dogs...

A Jeep dog, a Bolio dog, a Redboy dog...there are various sources of those bloods, as that blood is based upon an individual DOG...whereas the families are based upon crosses of blood...again, just subject for more conversation...
    BB

4. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Just wondering but why didn't you say anything about these 2 well bred Bolio dogs???? I didn't get either of them from Pat....So does that mean there not Bolio 1xW (ROM) dogs??? Also D has been breeding a family of Bolio 1xW (ROM) dogs for the past 20yrs...Does that mean there not Bolio 1xW (ROM) dogs??? We all see that you like Pat and stand by him and that's fine...The truth is there are plenty of other places you can get Boilo blood from...

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=104298
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=102228

I also had this bitch on my yard..would you consider her a Bolio 1xW (ROM) dog??
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=91643

I also had a son of this dog...Bred to another Bolio 1xW (ROM) dog...
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=23023
    Would you consider any of these dogs Bolio 1xW (ROM) dogs????? I didn't get a 1 from Pat?? looking forward to your response.......YIS

5. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

I would have said something cause I had checked them but I forgot and it would have sounded redundant. here is what I think about them.

Ped #1-Maybe this dog didn´t come from Pat, but his dad did! On his mom´s side the outcross began with Boyles´ Ready who had plenty of Boomerang on the top side. Besides that it´s got Patrick´s name written all over!

Ped #2-The only source of Bolio blood here is through Homer who is pure Clouse on the bottom. Might as well be called a Clouse dog as much as a Bolio dog. There is a dog there called Daryl´s Bravio, Pat has a littermate to Bravio called Daryl´s Monada. I got a pup off of her with a male called Cag. If you go to Pat´s site click on the icon that says "dogs available now" you will see a photo of the remaining pups from that litter. Next to that hit the icon that says "link" it will take you to their pedigree. You will see what I mean when you see their ped. Just a little bit of outcross through Battledora. If you know about those Daryl dogs let me know because I don´t know much. I know their from California, that´s it.
    Ped #3- Here the weight started shifting towards Tant´s blood, specifically Yellow. Plenty of Bolio blood on the bottom, all from Pat.

Ped #4- I would assume Charlie Boy is dead by now since he is a grandson of BULL Boy Bob. Percentage of Bolio blood depends on who he was bred to. Again source of Bolio blood, Patrick dogs.

Thank you for the links to these dogs peds, just made it easier to prove my point. If by saying D you mean Daryl, you make it even easier. He got his Bolio from Pat. Just go to Pat´s site and see for yourself. D took Brandy and bred her to homer. Out came Battledora and what did they do with her? They bred her to Patrick´s Handsome a double grandson of Bolio. Out came Monada and Bravio from that breeding. Pat acquired Monada and bred her to Cag a Bolio dog. out came my dog Patrick´s Glock my dog.

It´s all quite clear, people just don´t wanna see. Like I´ve said before I´m not here to promote Pat´s dogs or anything like that, but the truth is no one has a higher percentage of Bolio blood than he has. Same goes with the Chinaman blood, Tom has the most of it and the best. Credit is due where credit is due. If people don´t like Pat that is fine with me. I have other sources for other dogs. I pay for my shit it´s not like he gives it to me for free and I go and promote his dogs. Again a better source of Bolio blood was said to be available, but it wasn´t mentioned. I wonder who has it? If you guys do your research you will come to the same conclusions that I have. There is some very good Bolio blood scattered out there , but if you want the highest percentage available you need to go to Pat. I invite anyone here to prove me wrong. You won´t be able to. By the way I think D has gotten more dogs from Pat. I think Monada was traded for some of Pat´s dogs. So here you see, D went straight to the source. Ask D for yourselves. Do your research in the Bolio blood and then we can talk, if not we´ll be going around the block forever.
    QUOTE=RUMBLE]Just wondering but why didn't you say anything about these 2 well bred Bolio dogs???? I didn't get either of them from Pat....So does that mean there not Bolio 1xW (ROM) dogs??? Also D has been breeding a family of Bolio 1xW (ROM) dogs for the past 20yrs...Does that mean there not Bolio 1xW (ROM) dogs??? We all see that you like Pat and stand by him and that's fine...The truth is there are plenty of other places you can get Boilo blood from...

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=104298
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=102228

I also had this bitch on my yard..would you consider her a Bolio 1xW (ROM) dog??
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=91643

I also had a son of this dog...Bred to another Bolio 1xW (ROM) dog...
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=23023
    Would you consider any of these dogs Bolio 1xW (ROM) dogs????? I didn't get a 1 from Pat?? looking forward to your response.......YIS[/QUOTE]

6. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Nobody is arguing with you that Bolio blood comes from Pats yard...comes from, yes, but not exclusively there anymore. And to say the best is on his yard, is a unvalid statement, maybe the purest could be said, but thats about it. There is validity in your statements, as there is in ours as well, the difference is we can accept whats being said while you still attempt to think we are wrong... :D

BB

7. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

O and the last I heard Charlie was still alive..As well as adoff, pepe and other heavy Bolio bred dogs down from Charlie...YIS

8. I was wondering if I could get some advice. I am getting ready to buy a brindle 1/2 bolio 1/2 nigerino pup, do you think that the mixture of those two blood lines would be good or not?

9. what i was going to do if the bloodlines are good, is breed the 1/2 and 1/2 to a malony and see what happens.

10. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

I'm sure it would,just be damn sure the parents have been looked at.

11. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I had a male that was Nigerino on top thru the Lucifer blood and on the bottom was Bolio/GR CH Hank stuff, he was a pretty decent dog with helluva lot of ability. Unfortunately, he was lost in a kennel accident, but not before he took 2 out with him. His sister is a 2xw now also...

BB

12. sbkz

sbkz Pup

what do yo yall think about crossing a tobstone/bolio male on to a pure 3/4 eli femal with a 1/4 jeep out?

13. jeep will do well with just about anything. I have similiar bloodlines and they look real good.

14. O.D.

O.D. Big Dog

Blackbeard You Are Right As Far As The Blood Coming From Patrick's Yard, But Bbk, And Rumble Are Right As Well. I Would Concur With Them As Far As The Best Bolio Blood Not Being There Anymore. Milkman, And Others Deserve Credit For There Contributions As Well. Not To Mention These Are Guys Who Are Testing The Stock. In These Days And Times There Are Plenty Of Good Sources Of Bolio Up And Down The East Coast As Well As The Midwest. Pat Might Have Had The Monopoly On The Good Stuff But Those Days Are Gone. It Sounds Good As A Selling Pitch, But It Really Ain't The Truth.

Release Your Hound,

O.d.

15. CabinBoyz

CabinBoyz Pup

Id ehave to say that mr Brakes has done a good job aswell. HIs line is winning the pulls today..and will keep pulling tomorrow. JMo

16. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

wait what are we talking about again..?

17. pitlver

pitlver Pup

there is a man in hampton,va who breeds heavily with the bolio blood who recieved dogs from pat patrick and i have one of the offspring ,silvers rawhide, so there are other places where a person can recieve a high percentage of the bolio bloodline
    [/QUOTE]

18. CRD

CRD Big Dog

In my own opinion since I have a bulldog that both parents have strains of Bolio/Nigerino, I consider him a Bolio even though I didnt bought him directly from
    P Patrick.

19. tko001

tko001 Pup

20. yellaman420

yellaman420 Big Dog

How's everyone? Retorical question. Getting down to brass tacks, anyone have any experience/knowledge of bolio X Red Devil/Creed? Ive heard some good things and need to hear some more... good or bad