1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bobby Hall's Line

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by CarolinaSkys, Sep 9, 2006.

1. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

That sentance says it all. It's the quality of the dogs, not the papers, that make the purchase worthwhile. The only reason papers are important is for selling purposes.

2. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

His dogs aren't bred like the papers say, and the titles are false. Ex. Black Carlos died when he was around 8 months old. Spike was a less than average dog and all of a sudden he is a Gr Ch. I know all this and much more because i bought dogs from him and used to spend the summers at his place in Houston (1990-1992). He was on the decline then, I can only assume it's gotten much worse, plus there are still a few people who give me an update on his status. With so many better options out there I would avoid him like the plague.

3. 440rider

440rider Guest

i once talked to an older gentleman about bully (aka. bullyson)and how the name bullyson came about and what he though of BH using that as a nickname as in "bullyson" H. Among other things one thing that had me laughing was what this man had to say about that nickname. He said you're a little off with that name son it's more like B B.S. H.

IMO there is way better bullyson stock out there and within closer gens than those hall dogs; it all depends what route you want to go with the blood. GL

4. True_Bulldog

True_Bulldog Big Dog

I would agree he is a peddler and papers are false, just like who knows how a lot of Tudors and Carvers dogs are bred, we don't thats not so important.

But its whether you get the old stuff or the newer stuff he's peddling for a buck off his old rep! He will sell to anyone a deformed fat wennie dog looking cross. I'm not sure about genetic defect, but they are pretty sad looking now days. So it depends on which dogs they are off of.

This male is from the Rusty stuff which he sold and sold off all of this blood and is just breeding junk now, but this male is the truth! Doens't look like some half weiner dog mutt cross, great structure and for sure bullyson qualities, true bulldog! Tightline is a good source
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=130907

5. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Why is Tightline a good source? Should we be directing people to get dogs from Dogmen or people who have purchased already proven dogs from someone elses work and are all the sudden breeders?

6. arjanito

arjanito Pup

Well,our experience with Bobby Hall IN HOLLAND IN THE 80'S .He sold Frits Jansen (initiator of the best producing line in Europe through Hammonds Iron Jo(Jansens CH.Spike),Nelis (rom)Tug(rom),two 20 min curs, Chester and Hannah(I got a cur out of that breeding) and then B.H. came over to Holland to set the record straight and we went to the dog pound and got a no name English staff and send Bobby home crying with his latest cur he brought from the USA.Great conditioner B.H. but breeding ?Forget it.He might be a legend but that time in Holland We showed B.H.'s true colors!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
  7. Mamilian

Mamilian Pup

My last Bitch I got off Bobby, is an outstanding Dog. Did not have the congenital defect, but all female pup's did. Off 1 and only Litter. She is a Powerhouse, very high prey Drive compact, all muscle. Would I purchase another dog from him? It's Possible, the paper's don't matter so much. Some times it's luck of the draw-how your dog go's. Remember a dog is, what the dog is-not a paper or picture.

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

talk to old timer i believe he knows bobby hall personally, i may be mistaken though, wouldnt be the first time.

9. AVON

AVON Banned

i wouldn't buy shit from him. i called him about ten yrs ago and he told me 1200 for a pup that's all i needed to hear to know to stay away from him.

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

dang man you must have really pissed him off lol. i got two off gangster for 1300?

11. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

Hall sold dogs at different prices depending who you were.
    His dogs were definately good and high percentage

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

so is he still producing bulldogs ben? or are all the accusations true?

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

LWG i couldn't answer that because i really don't know.

14. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Isn't he still advertising in the APBT Gazette?

15. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Big Dog

Accusations may be true, my experience with the bullysonxmaloney dogs has been a good one. Whether they are bred how they say, who knows. I know if it is'nt how the papers show it would be close. I never really cared, I had my beliefs on how they are bred, and don't care what the papers say. They are still good dogs though.

Bulldog C likes this.
  16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

just curious, as for me, who cares how theyre really bred, my only question is his stock still being tested.
    if you just want a good bulldog & not interested in breeding, than how he's bred is irrelevant cuz no matter how he's bred he's still a good bulldog whos line has passed the test of time.

but if he's just peddling untested stock, than thats another story.
    wasnt it you BB that said it only takes 4 generations to go from A1 bulldogs to labs?
    IF thats BH's case, thats the only reason that would keep me away from his yard!

17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

actually it was carver that said that so i can't take credit. nobody know what he does with his stock,but if that's the case we all in the same boat because nobody now a days has any tested stock understand.

18. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

the way i look at it is how i look at everything
    accusations may or may not be true buy why take a chance when you can go for a damn near sure thing somewhere else?
    thing is to know what you want then find who has want you want.

19. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Im sorry arjanito you facts are a little of!.
    . Chester was out of ch spike x tug rom and lost deep game!! the night before we won with his brother Limey kennels ch alligator(look for a articel of forgotten dogs on this forum and a dog called chocko who came out of Chester). Hanna was actualy a real good bitch she won a couple and came of zalesky breeding she was the mother of zalesky,s 4xw broux compained bij JD Elliot(for those who know) who ended up on Floyd boudraux yard where the bred of of him. he is defenatly in those boudraux dogs you just woned see him apear up in the peds!!.
    hanna was conditoned in texas usa and was send over to holland 2 weeks prior the show . Frits jansen had her on diferend food and water en the climate was diferend she swapt the texas summer heat for the dutch winter!cold. needles to say hanna was getting very sick like imidialtly . She got the runs and was iven on IV to keep prevend her from dihydration Frits the fool he ""could"" be at times, showed her anyway in a top notch bitch Sheba.
    hanna lost and quit in a one sided 36 min show. that quit proved she was not dead game. that same show didnt show how good she ""realy"" was. i stil have a tape where she iniolated a 4xw in the usa.(these dogs are still made out of flesh and blood and do react on how they feel) last but not least Frits jansen was NOT initionater of the best produceing bloodline europe ever head. Limey kennels Goldye did that
    Sure Frits bred Nelis rom out of ch spike who he bought as a pup from Hammonds. But left him to die afther his loss in the pit. it was goldeys vision what he saw in this dogs loosing efford. (big hollywood story i vote up for making a movie out of) Tug was a free gift when Goldye bought a dog called eurnie buck jr in the USA.
    As for bobby hall in the mid 90s when people overhere got to know him he got the Nick name Bobby Bullshit Hall.
    He came over one more time where he lost from a guy that could not read nor right!!!....He also sold a dog called halls ch old swamper who was just a dog bought from the news papper and sold for lots of money . Former dogman FWK who spend some time at his place when along with bobby hall buying pupys from news papers regesterd them at the adba and sold them for top $$...PS frits who realy liked Bobby hall became a side kick of him.. in the later years he was around bulldogs

20. johnny dark

johnny dark Big Dog

bert sorrels told me many years ago that ch swamper quit at least once into ch scrappy and forsure bobby hall didnt make that public, but if he was bought out off the paper and sold to the uk surely that is a different dog than the one he matched ?
    im definately not saying this didnt happen but who knows with bobby hall !
    im sure finkle winkle got his eyes opened when he stayed out there:)