1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

blue eyes

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by speedboat, May 7, 2014.

1. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

Anybody ever had a dog that seemed to throw a one blue eyed consistently when bred? If so how was it bred? My male in the two times he's been bred has thrown a pup with one blue eye in both litters to different bitches it jus strikes me as strange due to him not having one or his sire or dam... I havent.personally saw every dog in his ped but i cant see where that gene would come from... He's crabbs on top and a blk cowboy wildside dog on the bottom

2. JLusk

JLusk Big Dog

I think a couple of carvers dogs had blue eyes, don't quote me on that but pretty sure. Can't remember which dogs they were either

3. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

had a CAK bred dog who would

4. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

Naus do u think its a recessive vs dominate gene thing or just a thing? It jus surprises me... The 1st time i thought odd 2nd time i said pattern... And did the cak dog offspring do the same (throw a blue eye)

5. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

Interesting jlusk... But i dnt think i hve enuff carver in the blood for that to be the case only.place you really see carver is way back on bolio n.honeybunches bottom

6. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I have seen a few mims dogs with one blue eye one brown eye. Hugo had some offspring with a blue eye and a brown eye. Colby dogs have been known to throw a few It's considered a fault with the ADBA/UKC show dogs but other than that they can show up in any bloodline really it's not a big deal unless you show dogs and I don't know if it would completely disqualify them it would just take points off ....

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

8. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I get them more than most. My dogs were heavily based on Art's Missy/Stompanato on one half of their full breedings. I attribute a lot of it to Missy. And for what it's worth, Sadie is correct and many Colby dogs of origin and even later had some blue eyes. This should tell you how much Colby Maurice actually had hidden in his dogs. If you know the real breedings behind them, you won't be surprised.

9. JLusk

JLusk Big Dog

That makes sense. In Ed Crenshaws interview he said Carver a lot of times bred to his dogs and papered them as his own and there is a fair amount of Colby blood in Ed Crenshaws dogs

10. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Absolutely true, J. And there were others. Shivar, Sparks, Kinard, Dr. Damm, Mossburgh, Hinajosa, Loposay.

11. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...a-lot of old irish dog's had/have it....some wont use a dog with it ...think it's polluted...what-ever ya like??seen some good un's with the evil-eye...lol...can be nice/??????

12. Forever-So REAL

Forever-So REAL Quintuple Grand Champion

13. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

Ok... So it is more common than i thought (to a certain degree) and yea the link was good info o.g.

14. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I 3rd that link being informative, OG.

15. Staub

Staub Big Dog

I knew a little white apbt/am bulldog mix with one blue eye he was a guard dog the sweetest dog I ever met but he hated strangers and he didn't tolerate being manhandled. I've never liked the look of it but it's just an eye color it's no big deal doesn't hurt a dogs performance.

16. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

A pic of tge oldest blue eyed dog [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]