1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bloodline characteristics...

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by LCD, Oct 11, 2008.

1. LCD

LCD Pup

Can anyone tell me what each bloodline is known for? What I could expect out of a Sorrell's dog as opposed to a Frisco/Chinaman, for example?

I'm just curious to hear what people have to say.

2. Asterix

Asterix Pup

I have some frisco/chinaman blood on my yard, and I am also interested to find out what people say! I have 2 females and I will let you know haw they are after seeing what other people have to say. This could be interesting!!;)

3. who

who Top Dog

i have really found out that blood line is a factor in traits a dog would have. but the traits really end as far as Gameness is concerned when talking about bloodlines, but now as far as abilities and behaviour goes i have found that what regions of the country the dogs have been bred out of really puts a spin on the "bloodline" but the "bottom" of a particular "line" really doesn't change

1 person likes this.
  4. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

lol, when I hear Sorrells dog, blk/tan tri-color pops into my head.......

5. clmr

clmr Big Dog

Frisco and Chinaman are two different dogs. Some like the Frisco stuff, others like the Chinaman stuff without Frisco, and others like the Frisco x chinaman mix. I don't want to sound as if I'm bashing any line. But, I will not get a dog unless I feel reasonably confident as to how it's truely bred.:confused: I was given a Frisco X Chinaman female that didn't meet the APBT standard.:( I had a Sorrell's female that was always cold, I didn't have any free space in the house for her. So I sent her way down south where it's always hot.:cool:

6. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

I have raised quite a few Frisco dogs, and have seen variences in the dogs depending on which one of Frisco's offspring they are off of..
    Most of the Frisco dogs that I have owned, and or seen (with exception to the dogs bred down from Mojo Rising) were moderatly shy around humans that they were not familiar with..
    I have never owned a dog from this line that was a man biter, whether it be out of fear or just plain aggression, and have only seen maybe 2 out of the numerous yards that I have been to that have this blood..
    All of the animals that Ive owned from this line have been built well and IF INTERESTED, excell at whatever task they are groomed for..The problem is that alot of dogs that are bred tight on Frisco lose interest, or never get interested in the first place in the activity that they are to be used for( weight pulling,obediance,etc)..
    I have come to the conclusion that like all other lines, the Frisco dogs throw a average amount of good and bad, but when you get a good one theres a chance that he can be REALLY good..

1 person likes this.
  7. masta of game

masta of game Banned

a lot of sorrel in australia and nz. good ones too they said

i read once that sorrel dogs have the best temperment ..they r a very people friendly... i cant remember where i read that exactly.. i think it was from a credible apbt site.

can anyone confirm that

8. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

I read the same some were.... No clue as to how true it is though I theing the persone to talk to about Sorrel blood would GA pits ot Tommy.

9. LCD

LCD Pup

Thanks for the responses... Anyone else?

10. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

I dont know about the frisco dogs but all the tight chainaman dogs ive seen were real people shy or timid if they didnt know you.

11. Caos

Caos CH Dog

I raised some Frisco/Chinaman dogs and still with them some are shy like SPF me too never had a manbiter of them.

12. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

13. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

ive personally found the Sorrells dogs to be outstanding.
    very smart intelligent dogs with plenty of drive and enthusiasm along with strenght and durability.
    they have excellant body structure for any type of work.
    all the Sorrells dogs ive known have had the up most dispesition with people and children.
    ive seen and had Sorrells/Jeep, Sorrells/Jeep/Redboy, Sorrells/Redboy,
    Sorrells/Jeep/Reid, just to mention a few crosses, what im saying is they will cross into alot of blood lines well as does the Jeep stuff.

over all they can be an all out working dog and/or a great all rounder dog.
    D'S.

14. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

I just thought i would share this wit you guy's From the SDJ Nov-Dec issue 1988.
    By Barney Fife

Here is one more article about Zebo dog's. This time I'd like to discuss this strains notorious lack of endurance and how to work around that problem.

I believe that a dog's endurance is primarily a matter of genetics. In other word's If your dog is bred from short winded dogs-chances are that the dog will not have significant endurance Proper conditioning can enhance, but it won't turn a short winded dog into a long winded dog.

The Key is to work on the dog's strongest attributes but not try to make it into something it is not. If a Zebo dog is treadmilled or over worked excessivly, they willnot have any real endurance but will lose the power, speed and bite that they need to win.
    Zebo dogs need to be strong, well rested and always shown in cold weather. Anyone who has Showen a few dog's knows that your hard mouth dogs do best in cold weather.
    All Zebo dogs - even if they are not alligators - need to go in cold weather.
    A hard mouth dog from a line of long winded dogs might survive a hot weather show but again this is due to heredity.....

It goes on but you get the idea!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
  15. NEWBLACKERA

NEWBLACKERA Banned

I do know that the redboy dogs in my area are well known for excessive barking!

16. CBASS

CBASS Pup

The Frisco line of dogs I worked with (not all, not yours, not bashing Tom) but the ones I had have ADD or ADHD or something. They always seem to lose interest when pushed or overly excerted. The redboy dogs appear to be excessive barkers and not very good decision makers.

17. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

My Sorrells : very human submissive in the yard, bounces off the walls in the house, prey drive like I've never seen before, DA from day one, smart, ready to please, and never runs out of steam!

18. dutchaaus

dutchaaus Pup

my bud has a colbyXwallace light fawn blazed brindle. straight land shark will go 0 - 100 in blink of an eye amazing traits .people frndly .he's heavy @ 75-80 lbs . ran across a coyote 30-35 lbs wet .in the desert he arched up like a "u" and made some hisssssssimg sound and "Juice" for the frist time ever "broke it down to a lesser cause" lol... i seen him on accident once get caught up with w/ a husky ,but it must of had a real ferrell smell to him ,so over all "ofr" colby, wallace.hemphill all real nice temperment and obiedience.good luck

19. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

T.G. Doesn't have a shy dog on his yard from what I saw but I got a pup from him that was off Otto who was extremely backwards and I couldn't get her to come out of it. He was really straight up about it, he told me to bring her back and pick out another one. Got a little frank male this time cause I wanted some bolio blood in it and all the controversy over frisco just turned me off to it. My new pup don't have a shy bone in him with people or other dogs.

20. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Ive never been a frisco fan because of the issues mentioned. You cant push them until they are full blown adults or they lose interest or freak out negatively. Now, the exceptions in my opinion, were the dogs down from mojo and king. Not my cup of tea, even though ive seen some really good ones. JMO

Also, with the sorrell blood, i believe there are two different sorrell strains; R. Sorrell and B.Sorrell
    and i dont think that they're related in any way. just my 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010