1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Biting Flies!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by DMMK, Jun 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

2. Ja-net

Ja-net Banned

THats a very interesting article STPFAN but there is one problem it mentioned which is those fly predators and insecticides dont mix......So that means while you fighting that fly problem which would take a while before it even takes affect you wont be able to fight the flea and tick problem because any insecticide spray that can kill the flea and ticks would surley kill those fly predators as they are very sensitive to insecticide chemicals.

There are two ways to stop flies from becoming a nusiance one is too prevent the flies from biting which most of you mentioned by putting some kind of topical spray on them to prevent them from biting your animal but this is more of a quick temporary solution as it does not effect the fly population in its self.....the other way as I mentioned in my earlier post is too kill and eradicate most of the flys so you can control them at the source which will take alittle longer but will do you better in future when the fly infestation gets under control......most animal farmers all over the world use both methods to control there fly problems.

3. At the local feed store in my area (Southern State) they carry fly be gone. Its similar to petroleum jelly/vaseline and used on horses but I've personally used it for my dogs. Applied to the ears and the stifle eliminated the problems for my yard. Plus its a water repellant so you don't have to constantly reapply if your dog get rained on. Hope that helps.