1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Best Collars I have laid eyes on

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by TheIII, Aug 1, 2010.

1. noble1

noble1 Pup

the person who makes them collars sells alot of stuff on the Hunting Life Forum :)

2. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Lmao, nice!!!:D I've never had one get out of one either.

3. spliff

spliff Big Dog

5 ply is really just overkill IMO.i get my collars from O'brien's kennel supply and i am very happy with them.great quality at a great price!!
    i hear good things about stillwater and wardogs but have never tried them myself.

4. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

I've used MAG and Stillwater collar, MAG one is 4 years old and yes it's ugly and not black at all (collar used to be black lol) but its still in one piece and doesnt seem to lose durability, the Stillwater one is same quality but i think a little less confortable for the dog on the neck area.

5. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

I stand by this fella too. His collars are good, his service is fast, and the website is easy to use to get exactly what you want without having to worry bout emailing and phone conversation. Just point, click, and pay. Last time I ordered, I got my shipment in less than 4 days.

I also like that I can get padded collars that aren't overdone. And they've held up well even through swimming and being put in the washing machine several times.

His leads, large O-rings, and bullsnaps are good, too, IME.

6. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

I loved the customer service at Bulldog Supply. I got two padded mill collars and they are very well made. The only complaint i have is i got them in Neon Orange and the die got all over the place on my dogs neck clothing furniture so forth and so on. Also after just a few washes one is now peach instead of orange. Also the material used for padding hold tons of loose hair even after washed. Otherwise they are very strong and well made. Customer service and shipping is top notch. I have to say the same for Stillwater. My girl still has the first collar i bought her from them, not one loose thread just nice and broken in.

7. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

throw another hat in the ring for bds. great quality collars and top notch service.

8. eastend

eastend Big Dog

Nylon beats leather hands down and strongstuff are the nutts i get 3ply and have got 2 old black ones but wash them and their as good as new 4yrs old they are probably out live the dog. Good service good price fast delivery.:)

9. relic

relic Pup

i would not say that it beats it hands down mate, strong webbing collars are great for the money they are cheap and will last and make good collars for a dog being out on a chain, but for me there is some think about top end leather collars they can be made in many different designs if made right they are strong long lasting and can be very smart but they do not come cheap as it ant a 5 min job plus top end leather dose not come cheap, leather dog collars have been around for hundreds of years and a lot of these are still around to day and can and do fetch very good money with many being in museums and privet collations around the world, for me top end stuff are works of art but then i would say that lol:cool:

10. eastend

eastend Big Dog

Never been a fan of the old leather, and as for the harnesses with the studs and spikes , well :mad::mad:

11. relic

relic Pup

its each to his own :rolleyes: i can't stand them types my self with all of the spikes, thats why i dont make gear like that and never will :cool:

12. CCDINO

CCDINO Pup

I'm happy with my Sporting collars.use them on both my cane corsos for agitation/protection work...

13. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

best collars ive ever layed eyes on have probably been on this site, however, the best collar i have ever owned, where simple leather belts doubled over off skeggy market, 2 quid total, chuck your brass ornamentation away, ..............2 inch thick leather belts for human use. ....i learnt allong time ago , to leave the ornamentation behind.