1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

best carpet mill plans/blueprints?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by BringBackup, Aug 10, 2010.

1. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

My friend and I have decided to build a couple of carpet mills. He had a wood working shop so we are good on tools. Anyone have a reccomendation to what plans are the best to purchase?

Thanks.

2. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

let me know how it goes bb, i wouldnt mind buildin a nice slatmill.

4. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

slat might be too much of an investment lol we are going for simple first.

bump!

5. Putting together the stuff I need to build a slat mill myself.

6. lilboom

lilboom Banned

I'm gonna order the plans for the evolution carpet mill. Thanks for posting the link. I will post pics when i have finished the mill.

7. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Be sure to pm me a copy of the plans, lol.

8. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

You dont really need a set up plans you should be able to draw them up fairly easily your self but here are the dim. from the grant carpet mill Length.............60"
    Height.............30"
    Belt Width.......15" Width...............20"
    Weight.........70lbs
    Belt Length...115

9. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

My friend and I decided to wing it and build one on our own. Building it as I type...All the wood is cut, and we've got most of the belt done. Spent about $100 so far but that is because we fucked up, it would have been cheaper if he had the rollers right the first time. Don't think we'll finish it tonight but we are trying lol

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

lol, your building a mill in 1 night? damn..........post pics! lol

then when your done you can come through and help me build one!

11. Zeuceone

Zeuceone Pup

The first one is never perfect so I guess I can take it off your hands.

12. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Laced, we called it quits around midnight. Had to cut a few more things and didn't want to wake any neighbors with the saw noise. We are also still trying to figure out how to fuse the carpet together as a belt. I'm heading back over on Friday morning and we'll definitely finish then.

Zeuceone, we were talking about selling the first one dirt cheap if it functions well and starting over now that we've got the trail-and-error stuff figured out.

13. Zeuceone

Zeuceone Pup

Let me know if you deliver.

14. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

post some pics... im also gonna start to build my own soon... im just waiting on my rollers to come in... what type of rollers did ya use???

15. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

as far as the carpet goes...I heard there is a way just to heat the glue up so it lays right (like they do in homes) or you could glue something strong and thin across the back of it.

16. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

We've been taking pictures along the way.

We are kind testing roller ideas but we chose a PVC pipe with a steel rod inside--hopefully it works! In the future I think we are going to use steel conveyor rollers.

Rocko, I think we want to sewn with heavy duty thread and then glue the carpet somehow.

17. noblebostons

noblebostons Big Dog

attach that carpet to itself with a zipper

18. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Won't the zipper catch?

19. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

I have a cycling trainer that Im going to jack the rollers off of it since Im not using it...designed to be spun high speed for long periods of time so should work well...

take it to a upolstry (sp?) shop and they should be able to get it sewn together with no problems...

20. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

the carpet can be glues together with contact cement...apply liberally to both sides and then attach when it gets tacky...will not turn loose...US1