1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Been a country boy for a little over a year now...

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by treezpitz, Oct 21, 2015.

1. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I've lived in major metro cities (Chicago, Dallas) and now live right outside of our town's city limits, our town has a population of 330 people. I would never go back to the city and live. It's no comparison on the country. Had I realized that earlier I would have moved sooner.

PS There's plenty of "country" in the midwest, that's where I'm originally from.

2. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Hell yeah there is plenty of country in the Midwest! I've never lived in a major city, New Orleans, Louisville and Baltimore are the biggest places I've lived. Living in the country is as close as you'll get to freedom in the USA. Most places now a days you can spend thousands on a piece of land and they already have rules on what you can and can't do, in the country you own it you pretty much do whatever you want

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

3. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Exactly, Cajun. That's what I tell people when they ask what it feels like to live like this. My answer if "free". As you stated, as free as we'll be in this country, that is.

In the city you have to get a permit to do any damn thing. Build a shed, permit needed. Built an addition to your house, definitely permit needed. Garage, don't even ask, get your permit.

Where I live the only thing you need permit for is building a house. Nothing else. I love it.

That's just one example, I could go on and on. One of my favorites is I can walk right out of my door and shoot my gun for no reason at all. And it's perfectly legal and Sheriff doesn't get called. That's pretty dang free lol.