1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bad day already (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by ABK, Nov 1, 2007.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Well guys, I woke up today to find my little girl Bailey is gone. :( :( :(

I got a call from work yesterday from my husband saying that Bailey's cable run had broken & she had chewed a hole OUT of her kennel, chewed a hole INTO another dog's kennel & that had gone at it for I do not know how long. My husband, who had leave work & break up the dogs, said she looked OK (was standing, alert, etc.) & when I got home from from work (I only work a 1/2 day on Weds) I went home & washed & doctored them both & brought Bailey in the house. She looked OK, but was very sore. No major injuries that I could see, save for one nasty bite to the shoulder.

She was walking on her own (albeit gingerly), went out last night, peed & tried to eat but couldn't (probably due to her sore mouth). She was wagging her tail & walking around, acting fine, but sore. I gave her antibotics, laid a nice soft towel for her to lay on & covered her up w/ an extra thick extra fuzzy soft towel for a blanet & tucked her in so she would be nice & warm. But when I got up this morning, she was gone.

Here are a few pics in memory of my poor Bailey:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RIP girl. You were a great dog. I will really miss you. :(

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Sorry for your loss ABK. May she rest in Peace[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2007
  3. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Bailey

4. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

sorry for your loss ABK.

at least she's running in the big yard in the sky.

5. Michele

Michele Guest

I'm so sorry.....

6. kinggatorpits

kinggatorpits Big Dog

aww i'm so sry...may she rest in peace..she was a beautiful girl...brought a tear to my eye this morning.

7. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Sorry to hear that ABK...RIP Bailey

8. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Very sorry to hear...RIP Bailey. You were a good pup.

9. Suki

Suki Guest

:( VERY sorry to be readin this. RIP girl

condolences, ABK...

10. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

Sorry for your loss...may you rest in peace Bailey.

11. diva

diva CH Dog

I am so sorry for your loss, ABK. It's always hard to lose one. She was beautiful. RIP, Bailey.

12. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

sorry for your loss...it happens..

13. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

I am so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl. And at least she is at peace.

14. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

ABK, I am truly sorry to hear this.

15. man that's a bummer! ABK sorry for your loss! :(

16. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

That really sucks. I'm so sorry and I can relate to the misery of losing one so loved. I'm sure you will miss her, but she is in doggie heaven now and all is well.

17. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Sorry to hear this...RIP Bailey.

18. game_test

game_test Top Dog

do you have DEX and fluids around? if not you should. your dog died from not recieving fluids and shock. could have had the kidneys shut down on her too from no fluids. any time a dog dances for more than 30, or if you dont know how long in the case of an accident, fluids are mandatory. DEX is almost always used even if the altercation was only for a few minutes. helps relieve soreness and swelling, and is anti shock.

sorry for your loss.

have you ever seen the free files from jolly jumper about fluids, shock etc? if not, i will try and post it up on here or maybe someone else can. i cant get on sometimes so it might take me a while.

19. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Thanks fore the input game test. Yes, I have a guide about how to use fluids & anti-shock meds & she got tons of fluid after the accident.

As for shock, that could have been. But wouldn't she have been in shock directly after or soon after after the accident? The accident happened in the morning & when I got home about 2 hours later, she was stove up, but fine. When I put her to bed at 8 p.m., at least a 9 hours after the accident occured, she was the same - still stove up, but fine. She was walking around, trying to eat, wagging her tail, coming when called, etc. She seemed sore, but fine. But the next morning however, I found her passed away. :(

20. ABK...sorry for your loss.

Does "irreversible" shock apply to dogs the same that it does to humans? Irreversible shock takes place when the vital organs have been oxygen deprived for too long. Basically, with the use of fluids we are able to rehydrate and stabilize blood pressure, but we can not reproduce the oxygen carrying properties of blood itself without a transfusion. I think this is closer to a reason that the dog seemed to recover, but passed the following day. Once shock has progressed to a certain level we can only help so much with medical interventions. In humans people have been known to pseudo recover for days or weeks, but the irreversible kidney damage, liver damage, heart damage, etc. takes over.