1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

AZ: Phoenix pair accused of running dog-fighting ring

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Oct 9, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Phoenix pair accused of running dog-fighting ring

by Brealyn Nenes - Oct. 7, 2010 04:33 PM
    The Arizona Republic

Two Phoenix residents were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of running an illegal dog-fighting ring at their home north of South Mountain, according to a news release from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Thursday.

Jesus Fernandez, 36, and Felisha Fierro, 35, are accused of having 11 pit bulls at their home in the 400 block of West Mirada Drive, as well as marijuana and devices used to restrain, alienate and strengthen the dogs for fighting, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff's animal cruelty detectives said the suspects could face two felony charges, including keeping or training animals to engage in engage in exhibition to fight another animal, and causing animals to fight for amusement.

Detectives began investigating reports of animal cruelty after they followed up on information they received in September of this year, leading up to the arrests.

All 11 dogs were later taken for evidence. There, the animals will be cared for by female inmates until the case is finished in the court system.

Read more: Phoenix pair accused of running dog-fighting ring

2. simms

simms CH Dog

Outrageous!

3. i agree man , all this shit is getting to me ! anyone with over 3 dogs & have a spring pole or a break stick is considered a dog-fighter ! dark days are among us my friends , they way things are going i fear my kids ,when i hand over my yard to them will have nothing but problems ! with all this shit going on im considering down sizing/farming out all my dogs & just keeping my top 2 !