1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

artemis power formula

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by meno222, Dec 10, 2007.

1. meno222

meno222 Big Dog

i tried doing a search on this food but nothing came up.this was reccomended to me by the girl in the petstore. i was looking for something with a higher fat % than canidae.i had just went from evo to canidae (chicken and rice) since we are not active anymore and my dog is loosing alot of weight,its been 3 weeks, should i give canidae more time. can i get your opinions on this ingredients. thanks

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR height=30><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Chicken Meal, White Rice, Chicken Fat (Preserved Naturally with Mixed Tocopherols, Vitamin C and Rosemary Extract), Lamb Meal, Dried Beet Pulp(Sugar Removed), Ground Brown Rice, Fish Meal, Flaxseed, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Egg, Salt, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Lecithin, Garlic, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D-3, Vitamin E, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Dehydrated Kelp, Chelates of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Sage Extract, Aspergillus Oryzae Fermantation Solubles(Digestive Enzyme), Enterococcus Faecium and Lactobacillus Acidophilus(Probiotics). </TD></TR><TR height=10><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR height=30><TD>Guaranteed Analysis</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#dbdbdb cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR height=10><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>Crude Protein, min.</TD><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>30%</TD></TR><TR height=10><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>Crude Fat, min. </TD><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>20%</TD></TR><TR height=10><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>Crude Fiber, max.</TD><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>4%</TD></TR><TR height=10><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>Moisture, max. </TD><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>10%</TD></TR><TR height=10><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>Omega-6 Fatty Acids, min.*</TD><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>3.05%</TD></TR><TR height=10><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>Omega-3 Fatty Acids, min.*</TD><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>0.5%</TD></TR><TR height=10><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>Glucosamine, min.</TD><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>400ppm</TD></TR><TR height=10><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>Calories</TD><TD class=mainTxt style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top width=250>3,885 kcal/kg.
    426 kcal/cup (8oz. Cup)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    i edited because i posted the wrong ingredients, here are the correct ones.
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=900 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 valign="top"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat" align=middle width=720 background=images/products_05_2.jpg><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR height=30><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR height=10><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR height=30><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR height=10><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR height=30><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR height=10><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR height=30><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR height=10><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR height=30><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>

</TD></TR><TR height=10><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><!------end of product- detail----------------><!------end of CAT FOOD----------------><!------end of product- detail----------------><!------end of CAT FOOD----------------></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=900 background=images/artemis_web_main_04.jpg colSpan=2 height=73></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  2. We did the same thing.....We took Tabious off of Timber Wolf because he wasnt gaining enough weight...no matter how much he was fed, he lean and looked show ready....we switched to Canidae and we had to feed him twice as much (maybe even a little more) for the first 7-10 days, and started gaining weight and looks winter ready now...he eats the norm now....well 2 cups...for winter....to keep the weight and is doing great...

My little Patter mutt was the same way...put him on it first and he ate twice as much as normal....for about the same amount of time....then all of sudden, he went back to his normal feedings, and at first he lost weight, but has now gained it back....,and also looks winter ready.

I would try feeding him about twice as much for 7-10 days to get the food in his system and a little weight gain, then drop to an amount that will keep the weight.....

that above food, doesnt look too darn shabby there....:D
    Seems to have a lesser amount of fat though, especially for the winter.....

3. meno222

meno222 Big Dog

thank you i will keep him on canidae and increase the amount of food for a couple more weeks.

4. Not a problem, I thought we had mad a mistake when our mutt lost weight, but the way he has always eaten...is what made me know better.

He has always take the full 24 hours to eat his daily feed......
    when it was gone within 30 minutes (his normal feeding amount for about 3-4 days), I knew something was up....
    So far, we seent to be having nice results with it...(knock on wood)