1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

anyone looking to get raised dog pens?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by 5555, Dec 27, 2004.

1. 5555

5555 Pup

if anyone is looking for raised dog pens, pm me. i am about to make a couple and if anyone wants then i can make them a kit (and ship it) or build it for them if they want to pick it up. probly wont be building them for another month, but if anyone is interested pm me and we could make arrangements.

2. what is a raised dog pen?

3. CK-1

CK-1 Pup

got a picture 5555?

4. CK-1

CK-1 Pup

i was looking into buying some...what would the cost be?

5. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

A raised pen is just that.. one raised high off the ground. Usually used for pups. REason being (I've been told by experienced breeders) that it keeps the pups from having to stand on theri hind legs and risk injuring themselves (for example, when they see you coming, they all stand up and try to climb their way out ) this way the pups are at eye level . Its also good for developing eye contact and other grown dogs cant reach them just in case..

6. I would be interested in a raised pen or two, if I could buy the blue prints from you that would be an option for me as well, could you send a picture of one to see how you build yours.

7. I am going to build one here shortly out of a free standing shelf that is 3 x 4 and stands off of the ground abit. then i was going to attach a rabbit type cage for the pups to come out and play feed and do their business in so that the waste falls to the ground and the roof would be raisable or removable with access to heat in the event of a winter or early spring whelpiing.

8. 5555

5555 Pup

no pics yet, no digi cam yet. they will all be made out of quality materials by myself. i am an experienced carpenter so they will definetly be buildt right.

pm me with any and all questions

9. dlmack

dlmack Pup

They are also used to keep hoodini dogs safe , for there is no where for the dog to dig because the floor is wooden. But now remember that the adult dog kept in such a pen will need alot of supervised "free" time. I speak from experience because I lost a female the very same night that I bred her because she dug out of the pen when we put her out to feed and rest her for only 4 hours. So I believe that this is the best way to keep a dog that you absolutely just have to hold onto no matter what.

10. I make some pens, dog houses, mills, breeding stands also..

Take a look at the pen, I will get some better photos soon.

Attached Files:

• pens.jpg
      pens.jpg
      File size:
      31.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2005
  11. xXx

xXx Pup

Good for bitches in heat too.

12. buddylee04

buddylee04 Banned

hey i need one of these

13. how much for one like that one.

14. dmd66

dmd66 Big Dog

how much or can i buy the plans

15. i build some welpin boxes if anyone around louisiana wants one 160.00 plus shipping , ps i will deliver in la, tx, miss, ark