1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

any info on corvino bloodline

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by p1tbull, Aug 22, 2009.

1. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

finally a man with some sense, and if I am not mistaken you have corvinos flying jenny or turntable???
    Now that some corvino history from someone thats benthere...

Osage, what we share is a passion... What ziggy possess is signs of a failed peddeler in my eyes...
    by putting his name with tudor, boudreaux, sorrells etc... is wrong on alot of levels including they breed gyps and he bred a stud and isnt even a year and a half old between his breedings...
    ziggle still on the tittle and won three and three weeks at eighteenmonthes otc is a worthy reason to breed, lmaao...your drysieezing on yourself as well as showing your ignourance, but hey some will but it all day...

since osage would gladdly raise a pup and ziggy has a garner amount, why doesnt ziggy share a pup with osage so he can raise it and they can base thier standards on a one dog basis on how well bred those uniform pups from generations of yearling breedings...
    Than maybe a realdogman can verify of ziggys greatness, until then we will depend on ziggy sloppy words and the videos from red gator kennels...

2. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Shit when the statement was made... "All I need is one from any yard" that leads one to believe that dog will be bread regardless of quality

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

3. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

You talk to old timers that raise hundreds of prospects amongst the same family to get a couple of real producers, ziggy must have bred rabbits first and be up to his ears in rabbit feet to pull off the all I need is one method of selectivity or luck...

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Bred

5. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

If someone needs to raise hundreds of dogs to get a couple of good ones from the same family then they are dealing with the wrong family of dogs or they just need to stop raising dogs. Those percentages are the same as raising Staffs. If you find good dogs and can get a good dog from a breeder, that is all you need from that breeder. That is what I was trying to say and I know that it is true. I can't speak for Ziggy and I won't, and I know nothing of his dogs or anything about Ziggy, but I liked the breeding he posted and am a big fan of the Sorrels' dogs......even if they are crossed with something I may not like or know anything about.

6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

A good dog and a good producing dog are different things. It's just hard to fathom that every dog you buy being a good one. But yes all it takes is getting one to be bred if your just looking to produce pups.

7. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Also have to take into account that a good dog to some is a Shit dog to others

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Ziggy has some well bred dogs..Dont know shit about them either but I like the way they bred.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

10. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

I don't know why anyone would/could imagine that every dog that they buy would be a good one, I agree with you on that one. Please don't take what I say as advocating breeding just any ole dog. There are too many people breeding inferior dogs IMO.

I agree also that many people wouldn't know what a good dog was if they were looking it in the eye. That is what makes some people really good at breeding dogs, they can recognize quality and then know what/how to perpetuate it.

11. bobm

bobm Pup

Half that pedigree is bullshit, but the bullshit part was OUTSTANDING! Bert Knew how to breed, also knew how to make the ped pretty pure Sorrell's. FACT.

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Love to hear the story behind that one Bob.

13. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Please ziggy give Osage a pup to raise...
    Some of the more known oldtimers I asked this was Mr.Boudreaux, Mr.Hargrove, Mr.Edwards,Mr.Jacobs The Mountain Man to name a few, if you dont think they raised hundreds to get a handful of either great producers as I mentioned or great ones, the good ones as you mentioned should be an average...

Since Mr Edwards has passed, I will say he was the first to admit he wasnt a man of action and considered himself more a breeder of some good ones including ch sadie, ch chinabuck etc...But he chased the Molly Bee dream for an awful long time, Molly was special and a once in a lifetime dog...
    Mr.Hargrove was all action and honestly only had one Rufus, Outlaw was great dog but Rufus had that freakish speed that made him rare...
    He too dreamed of another rufus or his buddy James strike luck with another molly bee to loan the old war eagle like the old times that sparked a fourty year relationship...
    Another man of action, The mountain mans place was the epi-center of the appalachias, yet in all his years and bartering with some of the best, zebo and homer were of the freakish sort but none of thier predecessors produced another, and Lester Hughes had an eye for a good one and his ear to the ground in search for another black freak...
    Both these men share that theyve seen less than ten freaks of this calibre in thier whole life, and can only name a handful of great producers they come across...
    Mr.Jacobs could have surely used another assassin 3...
    Mr.boudreax and Mr.Patricks best studs, such as bullybob or a maverick werent a run of the mill as Mr.Patrick would like you to believe, But Mr.Boudreax is more modest and tell you a if your lucky, you will get one good producer every decade or so...
    All these men have the fact that their best dogs weren thier best producers, but i do believe some of these more modern gr chs that are off he same and etc are a product of evolution and they are getting both great performers and producers generation after generation, and i also believe the jeep redboy and yellow dogs were the first of that consistancey... In other words I think these men I mentioned and respect might not have been around in the right era to see how it evolved from the families they might have something to do with, but they might have had more consistancy in thier breedings...

I dont hate Ziggy or his dogs and like how the sorrels ones look and hell they might have that staff catalyst and be as great as he beleives...
    but thats NOT the CORNERSTONE I would REST the FOUNDATION on...

If you really read ziggys post, I think he trys to sell his dog to much posting a ped of everything and anything he might breed this year, but read this one right below and tell me if he isnt selling himself thin with breeding practices that I question... If you dont want feedback on your dogs or post, DONT POST...

14. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

ziggy...
    ...IF WHAT YOU START WITH DOESNT MATTER BUT HOW YOU FINISH IS MOMENTARY WHEN THE FAMILYS SLEEPING ON A QUESTIONABLE FOUNDATION YOU BUILT...

15. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

Well hell man, I wasn't talking about producing the once in a lifetime/freak dogs or just getting one dog from a breeder and it being the once in a lifetime/freak dog...ie...Zebo, Homer, Molly Bee, Rufus, Shady Lady...etc...on a regular basis. Chasing a goal of that nature will only disappoint a man and is tantamount to wanting your children to be the next Einstein. Possible but not probable. Good dogs produce good dogs and sometimes really special dogs. That is what you hope for, but be realistic about it. All that most breeders truly want is to be able to consistently produce dogs that are of admirable quality that can reproduce the same qualities generation after generation. Soooo, if you were saying that these fine gentlemen raised hundreds of prospects just to get a couple of good dogs(meaning Zebo, Queen of Hearts, Tornado, etc.....) than sure, I agree with that. But they were not good dogs, they were freaks of nature....lol...ACES of ACES....aka...THE BEST EVER.

I too would have bred the dogs differently than Ziggy did, but that is OK. And if someone posts their dogs and is displaying them in public, then sure, they will be subjected to questions and scrutiny from others and that is OK too. Thanks for wanting Ziggy to let me get one of his dogs, but I cannot and would not. Not because I don't think they are good enough...lol...but simply because I don't need any dogs and don't have the time for them. They would be better off with someone else.

16. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lol but trying is the fun part

17. Red Cemtre

Red Cemtre Big Dog

I'm with you there. If you're not striving for perfection don't do it! No sane person spends all that money on buying a dog, raising, feeding etc expecting it to be mediocre

18. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

Who is the hell is talking about breeding mediocre dogs...........you can find them everywhere....lol...Like Cajun said, it all goes back to your definition of a good dog.

19. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Having good solid dogs across the whole yard is the main goal, but when producing dogs I'd say most on a hunt for something special or else why keep going once you get some good ones

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Old saying is true ! if the dogs in the front of the ped are shit ,then it doesn't matter how good the ones in the back are.Doesnt matter how good your foundation dogs are if you don't do the right things.It only takes one generation to wind up with shit.