1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Any females in uk

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Flynndog, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

40lb

2. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

That's interesting stedz, them race horse breeders not stupid.

david63, Dusty Road and stedz like this.
  3. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

Is very interesting and thanks for sharing Stedz them men will certainly know there field. Not sure how much translates to the dogs but again can’t argue with there results can you

4. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Yeah,thats actually a conservative estimation on the mares saddlers wells covered,there would have been years when he covered more, i would like to have a look at the Devine bulldogs when i get a chance,because i understand Don bred racehorses as well.

5. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Once had a Pitbull magazine with a Don Devine interview in it, not the longest interview I ever read, but definitely the best.. He was a dog man.

david63 and stedz like this.
  6. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

mixed-grill, david63 and oldguy like this.
  7. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

The late Samart owned and campained Billy Jean 1w1l her littermate Paul's Shot lost tot Wardt's Ch Thunder they were bred by R.O. who bought a pair Cassius Clay blooded dogs from Don Carter. Bringing back a lot of memories this Don Devine dogs.

oldguy and stedz like this.
  8. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

The magazine you mentioned is bits on pits from Don Carter @oldguy

oldguy likes this.
  9. stedz

stedz Top Dog

mixed-grill, david63 and oldguy like this.
  10. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

see on other pedigrees mr Wilson bred Cassius Clay ?

stedz and oldguy like this.
  11. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Started in the late 20's died in 1963 at 73 yrs old.

12. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Cassius Clay DOB 79 Bred by Corvino while he died in 63... ?!?

Dusty Road and oldguy like this.
  13. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Jim Wilson had a lot of Corvino dogs. Probably hé bred CC and Divine bought hun makes sense as you see the dates of birth of Cassius 1979 while Corvino died in 1963.

Dusty Road, stedz and oldguy like this.
  14. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Thanks FWK.. If I still had all the books and mags I lost and gave away over the years, I'd be worth a fortune now.. Interesting on the Cassius Clay dog and appreciate info on Corvino descended dogs in EU:-B

Joe Corvino in Blacksmith Shop.
    Joe Corvino Blacksmith shop.jpg

15. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Thats what made me ask,for some reason i always thought that guy pat bodsanawski bred him,or at least had something to do with cc,excuse spelling.

oldguy likes this.
  16. stedz

stedz Top Dog

There is probably something on the forum by iron mike,that might clear it up.Deffo seen a pic somewhere of this pat bod who i think was storkland am staffs with the dog.

oldguy likes this.
  17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

The horse game was and is big business in Ocala. Can't remember the name but some horse from there was bought for like 50k and won triple crown a few years ago.
    Nobody knows how that dog was really bred. I remember sonny Sikes called out buckshot over the dog in sdj years ago.

oldguy and stedz like this.
  18. stedz

stedz Top Dog

That looks like break stick below anvil,unless its some kind of blacksmithing tool,seen the pic before but not blown up,and never noticed that.

oldguy likes this.
  19. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

20. stedz

stedz Top Dog

This forum has a fantastic archive of history and knowledge.

oldguy and F.W.K. like this.