1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Any females in uk

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Flynndog, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

Men have done it in terriers and gamedogs since the dawn of time with good results but as said you do loose size over time. An you do need to outcross as I was trying before I got slated to death hahaha

2. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

Attached Files:

3. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

Not sure it’s a fact buddy

4. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Didnt mean offence,just thought you were a bit daft posting that,no hard feelings.

5. stedz

stedz Top Dog

ok,name me one inbred group 1 winning racehorse?or linebed for that matter.

6. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

Not my field to be honest pal never bred horses so wouldn’t want to comment on it just thought I’d have a look as you said there none when there clearly is plenty of Arab horses will be inbred I would imagine

7. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

In fact I’ve done a little bit of research and it appears that Frankel one of the greatest if not greatest flat races was a line bred horses with three main stallions appearing in his pedigree numerous times

8. stedz

stedz Top Dog

in eire or uk i mean.ok you might find one loosely bred monjeau,gallileo,saddlers wells cross but i would be very surprised to see anything.

9. stedz

stedz Top Dog

like i said,thats very loose linebreeding on frankel,on the sire gsire etc of the horses i mentioned above.Northan dancer.if you know about racing you will now know,that line is probably run its course.

10. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

Like I say not my field but line breeding and inbreeding is something done in dogs with good results

11. stedz

stedz Top Dog

What terriers you got flynn ? some of my family were well known terriermen.i was brought up with them got my first gouldy dog when i was about 8yrs of age.

12. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

I’ve tried putting a picture in will try again now

13. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

Attached Files:

14. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

I’ve been out with dogs since I could walk my daughter is 4 and been on digs already it’s in the blood I suppose

15. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Dont put youself out mate,all the best

16. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

I’ve got them on pal hard to read as it’s all hand written but may be of some interest to you if you like the terriers

17. stedz

stedz Top Dog

recognise a few,for sure.keep your head down.all the best.

18. Flynndog

Flynndog Big Dog

Cheers buddy all the best

19. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Sorry i couldnt be a bit more specific on the frankel thing ,but basically something in horse racing written in stone is the 3x3,theory.In laymans terms that would rule out frankel covering brood mares bred down from the top norhern dancer stallions,ie the 3 horses i mentioned earlier.it is estimated maybe as much as 60 pcent of racehorses in uk and eire are bred down from these .so eventually the line will have run its course.Frankel is considered an outcross,but it could still probably never cover the horses Galileo his sire did,because of the 3x3 thing .Basically too many closely related horses in the first 3 generations.By the way saddlers wells covered 40 mares a year at 250 k a year.They know what they are doing.

Dusty Road and oldguy like this.
  20. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

what size is the dog , it looks like a 50lbs dog in the photo ,