1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anakin starts work

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by Christy, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Christy

Christy Big Dog

I have been waiting to work this boy...He is now a little over a year old so we are starting some serious work. He has always what we call "play work" We teach all pups from a young age what the mill is and the spring and flirt pole but now we are upping the bar with Anakin. Getting him ready for the fall shows, he is really amazing me with his eagerness to please in the last few weeks. I know I need to get some muscle on him because his color makes him hard to show, but I am determined to get him in peek condition so any tips would be appreciated...

Right now we are doing an early morning workout usually consist of
    15-30 min hand walking to warm up
    30 mins slat mill
    15 min carpet mill
    15 min hand walk to cool down
    30 min rub down
    I then feed a light meal fats and oils in the mornings of
    Salmon, flax, coconut oil and a tad of yogurt

Late afternoon workout is more intense
    About an hr hand walk
    45 mins flirt pole or spring pole sometimes both if he is willing
    15-20 mins carpet mill
    1 hour hand walk to cool down
    1 hr rub down
    Feeding at night is his proteins usually consist of
    RAW chicken
    A little green tripe
    3 times a week raw egg and some sort of organ meat, right now kidney
    Apple or blue berries
    Some sort of greens this week it has been collards

Here is his peds
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=303840

Here are a few pics of him right now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i am a sucker for a nice brindle ,, sounds spot on to me what your doing , though know doubt some will dissagree lol

3. mrstranger

mrstranger Big Dog

Hey your dog looks kinda like mines. Haha. He's 11 months.
    Tiger 1.jpg

Tiger 2.jpg

4. Sounds good Christy and good luck with the conditioning. He looks great. :)

5. Christy

Christy Big Dog

Thanks guys, this is our 2ed week going into our third...We work the dogs every day but Sunday. Drew is working Nikki and Ali'i, here is a pic of them....

Ali'i we hope to GR CH her =)
    [​IMG]

Nikki, the best working lose bred dog I own ...lol
    [​IMG]

6. mrstranger

mrstranger Big Dog

Beautiful dogs.

7. Christy

Christy Big Dog

Thanks ....My days are always filled with nothing but dogs, we have 9 I have 5 soon to be 6 American Pit Bull Terriers and Hubbies breed of choice is the American Bully and we have 4 AmBullies and a litter of those due next month.

8. jacko

jacko CH Dog

and never the twain shall meet ,,lol

9. mrstranger

mrstranger Big Dog

That's a lot of dogs. =) Props for keeping them in such good shape.

10. Christy

Christy Big Dog

Thanks....it really is a full time job, we have had up to 15 my yard is small in comparison to some, but I know my limits so we will more then likely never have more then 15. The American Bullies are easy though they do not require a lot of work LOL

11. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

very interested to see how it goes man, the best of luck. and finally someone that puts in detail their routine for conditioning so we can see where it takes ya. how much you feeding and what you feeding? just curious.

12. Christy

Christy Big Dog

I have his diet in the first post....I feed about 1lb of raw meat and about 10 to 15% being organ meat, yogurt, flax, salmon, green tripe, raw egg, coconut oil and a verity of fruit and veggies. Just depends on what we have on hand at the time, I buy meat in bulk and on sale when I can. Just bought 15lbs of beef kidney because we found it for 20 cents a lb...

I will add pics of his progress here over the next few months, I am excited to see how he improves

13. Christy

Christy Big Dog

Meals look like this most of the time with a few veggies and berries from time to time
    [​IMG]

14. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

haha im a retard it was in the first post, best of luck to ya.

15. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Good looking dogs... I hope to be at some NC shows this fall, hope I can see em in person!

16. Christy

Christy Big Dog

Thanks....We will be at both the ADBA shows this fall and maybe the AADR show, will not know about the AADR until I find out who the judges are....

17. Christy

Christy Big Dog

Anakin is working really hard, I have had to adjust his diet somewhat. I did not want him losing any weight at this point so I added a 1/4 brown rice to his morning salmon meal. He is not complaining...lol

[​IMG]

And Nikki is toning up pretty nice also...

[​IMG]

18. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

whens ur first show with anakin?

19. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

wow nice I remember when i was working my dogs had my hands full!!

20. maydaymatt

maydaymatt Big Dog

nice looking dogs.hows Nikki bred?