1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

An Interview

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Fritz, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

I'll be signing off a few weeks. I'm judge in a writing contest and have quite a number of books to wade through. I'll of course peek in from time to time, maybe post an answer or several. But before signing off, I want to leave you with a particular impression of the dogs, one of the better of the thousands of impressions a dogman might hold. Here's a bit of an interview I gave, one published way back when in one of the dog mags. Enjoy.

<style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; mso-hyphenate:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:ZH-CN;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style> WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH IN THE WRITING OF YOUR BOOKS?

Again, my writing is most focused on the relationship between man and bulldog. Here sits a man... and he’d be doing something, surely – if only he could think of something to do. But he just sits there, probably more boring than bored. And here we have a bulldog – rather bored himself, sitting there as though waiting for something to happen, waiting for someone to speak to him, perhaps.

The one here, the other there. Static, nothing happening. But put them together – and there’s a spark. And the spark is the relationship.

It’s neither the man alone (boring thumb-twiddler that he is). Nor is it the dog alone (unfinished somehow, incomplete). Rather, it is the both of them together that makes the spark. Sometimes that spark goes quickly gray and dead, and then there is nothing. A failed spark is a sad thing. But sometimes the spark rouses up to a bright alive flame, and there is a richness and a joy there.

That’s pretty much how I view my subject. And if I do my job well, perhaps after I’m gone people will say of me: He sought out the bulldog in a fresh new light – in many new lights – and he brought a better and everlasting living appreciation of the breed to all of us.

That’s all I want. No more. But certainly not less. Am I not humble?

Vicki likes this.
  2. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Nice Fritz. Stop back in soon.

3. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

That is a pretty honest perspective and I am sure most will agree. It will make folks think a bit, which is a good thing.

4. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

Fritz, I put a couple of your books on Amazon on my wish list.

5. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

I done the same F.D. I've enjoyed reading all that Fritz has shared so I figure the books will be worth it.

6. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

Yes that is how I looked at it. How's Kentucky?

7. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Thanks for sharing! Be looking forward to when you sign on again! Take care.

8. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Its still here. lol Getting to crowded.