1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

almost like bed sores?

Discussion in 'Medical' started by crazycooter, Jan 30, 2009.

1. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

on my 7 month old she has spots on all 4 hips looks almost like bed sores. She is in a crate only because i'm in a temp. appartment, it's not bald but you can see it looks like she is missing hair from different angles, the skin is not pink or look irritated any where around these spots. o an she has a spot around the base of the back of her neck. any advice? thanks

2. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

A spot on the base of the neck and the hips doesn't sound like a crating issue. If she will not chew up a crate pad I would put one in or even an old blanket. That will add some cushion for her hips. If she chews up stuff then there is nothing really you can do. I have a few like that.

But really it sounds like hot spots or something else. I would use nu stock to bring the hair back and if it's something like mange it will also cure that. Another possibility, all though rare, could be allergies. I would try nu stock first:)

3. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

This is a pic of my neighbors dog and she got sores on her hips from lying so much while pregnant. Hopefully you can see them on the one hip, not a very good pic though. Hair missing from the neck I don't know about. Could her collar be causing a a rash making her scratch?
    [​IMG]

4. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

you can barley see the spots on her neck it's the pink areas right below the white spot and on her shoulder area you can see one they are on all 4 legs same areas

[​IMG]

5. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

back half sorry about the heal of my boot lol

[​IMG]

6. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

id say an allergy, not so rare theses days. you see alot more dogs with this type of thing popping up more and more often. honestly, the best bet is to go to your vet and have it checked.
    i had a mates dog get something very similar, he took advice from a forum and tried it out, only thing, it got worse. took it to the vet and had it anallized, was fixed within a week and a half. no one here can take a propper look just from photo's as much as we all would love to. vet/fix.

D'S.....

7. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

good advise D's. Only a vet can tell for sure but if it was my dog I would still try and use Nu stock first. It can't hurt anything, I don't think it looks like anything from laying the crate. Maybe mange, allergies, hot spots, or fungus. But again the only way to know for sure it to go to a vet.
    ps Nu stock will treat all of those except allergies.