1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Adopted pit Mix!?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mich331, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Mich331

Mich331 Pup

[​IMG]

Heyy. I just adopted this beautiful guy for my boyfriend...isnt he HANDSOME! well i think he has some Pit in him...but the lady was trying to not say the word "pittbull" in fear that people wouldnt adopt him. What Do you think he is?

2. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

There is no telling for sure. Many other bull breeds can lend a pit bull like look to a mixed breed dog.

For example, you could have a pup who is part Dogo Argentino & part American Bulldog & it would look very similar to a pit bull.

And as a side note, it is PIT bull, not PITT bull. A pit is an enlosed area where dogs used to be fought. Pitt is an actor.

Good luck w/ your new pup! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2007
  3. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Looks like a lab / border collie mix maybe some beagle too

4. jessiepbg

jessiepbg Big Dog

It's hard to tell with puppy pics, but he looks to me like a mismarked Lab. White markings and oddly-set ears show up sometimes if the breeder is not watching for them. He's a cute little thing though.

5. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

IMO, there is very little, if any APBT blood in him... and yes, he is very cute! Now a days people tend to see any short haired dog without any distinguishable features as a pit mix. Well... that AND pitbulls make up a huge majority of "unwanted" animals, but he really doesn't look it to me. Good luck loving him!

6. CorsoPit

CorsoPit Pup

Definately Border Collie in him.

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Looks like a healthy, happy puppy, and that is all that truely matters....that you and your boyfriend got a good pet into a good home.

Welcome to the site.