1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Adding to the yard

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by OldFortKennels, Jul 1, 2008.

1. ALright just was curious what others thoughts were on this. I am currently housing two stud dogs,
    Rebel........ http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=165154

Switch...... http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=180546

Basically the TNT lines. However both my males are pushing 55-59lbs OTC and Im looking to go smaller. Also I would like to add a little more "game" back into the lines so I am going to use this girl, both parents are about 45lbs.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=209791

So
    1. what do you all think
    2. would you consider this an outcross as the TNT line does stem from the Eli/Boudreaux dogs??

The first two possible peds

Bred to Rebel
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=288979

Bred to Switch
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=288980

2. /nobody???

3. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

You do waight pull with youre dogs correct????? Why ad gameness back into the line??? You can not add gameness by breeding to a pedigree. The bitch should be a proven working bulldog if youre looking to bring in some working dog traits. Big Game

4. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Also you are following in the footsteps of S.Turpin. She has ben breeding more and more Boudreaux blood back into her line in an effort to improve the working abilitys of her dogs. Take a look at what she has ben produceing. Do you like what you see??? If so go for it.

5. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

I say if you do go that way then i would go with a stud that is a winner or has good dogs more up front in the ped to take effect.

6. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

7. Thanks for the input, Why would I not want to add gameness back into the line? They are APBT correct? I want a "working" dog not just a puller or a show dog. If you know dogs, and I understand there are a ton of dogs out there, Hey ABK good to see you over here!

Thanks, it is something I will consider!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Thanks OFK! :)

Here are a littermate pair I once had off ST's yard that were 3/4ths TNT:

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=288295

I myself don't see anything wrong w/ your wanting to bring the original blood back in. I did it myself w/ my own dogs. If you see something lacking, do your best to correct it & if breeding old style game blood back into your lines will correct any faults you see, so be it.

9. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

You know, I've been watching and studying the tnt line for quite some time now. It's one of the most interesting bloodlines to watch grow.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with outcrossing to a different bloodline to add what is needed to the mixture.

What I've been wondering is that why all the TNT fanciers who swear by this blood are all seeking to outcross? It seems like everyone is seeking to 'improve' upon this line by adding in different strains. It also seems like Boudreaux is the ultimate choice for the outcross.

So what exactly is it that the tnt line is lacking? You say you are wanting to make your line smaller and weigh less, but also want to add more game? So, is the tnt line a line of bigger dogs that lack gameness? I notice that they are good for pulling weight and confirmation. What else does the tnt line bring to the table? I've considered adding in tnt dogs to my yard, but then again what exactly would I be adding? Seeing as how most tnt breeders are looking for outcrosses, I've reconsidered and decided to wait on the outcomes of these outcrosses and see what is left.

Anyway, just wondering. Like I said I have always been interested with the tnt line and how it has come along. Just questioning the direction nowadays.

10. I dont know if you would call it lacking, just a direction I want to go. My two studs are about 55-60lbs otc and I want a smaller dog. I also want a little more fire in the next dogs to come, more drive, desire to work. Rebel is a terrific puller with drive and heart but he seems to through a leggier dog when bred to a 55lb female. Switch is an even better puller but not near as driven in other areas. Rebel will hit a spring pole, Switch will not, Rebel will run his tail off on a mill, Switch walks etc. I like Switch's offspring better so far as far as confirmation goes. We will see how the attitude fairs. So I just think I would like to try a smaller female and ad some drive and "gamness" back to the dogs. As far as weight pullers go they cant be beat. In the 3 years I have been showing any of these dogs I have yet to go to a show, ADBA, UKC, NKC and not place them in the top 3. So I guess its just something I want to do. For me the reason to outcross would be simply I dont want to keep doing what everyone else is doing. I want to add my twist to the line, I just dont want to continue breeding what everyone else is doing. Im somewhat of a non conformist. However if the pups produced dont add up to what the line currently is then I will go back to the straight TNT line. I think also there seems to be somewhat of a TNT craze so everyone is mixing it. The 100% TNT line is still heavily sought after in certain areas and thats getting harder to find.

Why Boudreaux? Personally, because its in their geneology but far enough back that I think re introducing it might pull things together and tighten things up. I wouldnt consider it an outcross. I have a TNT/Collete female that I would consider my outcross. She is a heck of a puller as well. 42-45 lb tugboat!!

http://www.oldfortkennels.com/females.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  11. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Lethal Pits: OFK is right. The pure TNT is actually much more sought after then the crosses. People have been crossing it & why I do not know. I guess we'd have to find those who do cross & ask why.

OFK: If you want to stand out from the crowd & be a non-conformist, I wouldn't cross Boudreaux into your TNT dogs. The 2 most popular crosses are TNT/Boudreaux & TNT/Chaos. Adding Boudreaux blood will bring some of the foundation blood back up to the front, but you will be doing the same thing a lot of other TNT breeders are already doing or already have done.

In your case, I would do as I said before & go back to a TNT dog, the tighter the better. I would do this b/c if you really break down the peds, neither of your boys are tight TNT. They're both kinda scatterbred, but TNT is the predominate bloodline.

If you want to go that route all you have to do is look for a smaller strain of TNT dogs. That way you can tighten up the ped & bring in the smaller size you're looking for. For example, the dog I mentioned before, CH. Grim, is only a 35 - 40 lb male.

Just a thought.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  12. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

ABK
    very interesting point of view about not crossing to other lines but to look for tnt dogs that correspond to wanted traits.
    first thought is an outcross but after second thought i would prefer to go the oposite, keeping it tight tnt

13. That is a good point, one I will definitely consider.

14. skpits

skpits Pup

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008
  15. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

That would tighten up the pedigree, but I don't think it will bring down the size any.

16. I have his mother she is 40lbs let me rephrase 40lbs fat at her norm shes around 35-37lbs. Honestly to date Chance is the largest offspring she has produced that I know of. Of course she had 2 litters before she came here. Mostly what she is producing is small correct dogs.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008
  17. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

Hey all... I really love this chat that has been going on here. I am at the same point as MSK (Hello MSK & OFK) I was thinking of crossing my female kit http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=255384
    to a Maverick dog to also reduce the size & add just a bit more attitude into my dogs. I'm choosing her 'cause she is the smallest out of that litter & think it would work well with a small Maverick male. Any comments would be appreciated.:)

( No adertisment or sales of puppies aloud )

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2008
  18. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Not bashing, just curious. Isn't Ruffian an Amstaff bloodline?

19. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Yes, it is.