1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

adba

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TERRIBLE TEXAS, Aug 8, 2004.

1. why does adba register those lines like, whopper, razors edge, dagger etc, when they grow way past 70 pounds and are nothing like the standard. to me that is ruining the breed

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

The answer my friend, is one simple word...money money money...

BB

3. gator

gator Big Dog

Exactly after Ralph Greenwood died the A.D.B.A. became a money machine they will register about anything.

4. i think those lines should only be UKC?

5. AC

AC Big Dog

Are those dogs even winning at the ADBA shows? If not then why are they even using ADBA as a registry?

6. grip

grip Pup

the majority of those lines are bred for weight pulling not fair but thats what they do. one thing you gotta remember is the a d b a goes by the honor system if you send in the paperwork on a breeding. they have no way of knowing if its true or not just my 2 cents

7. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Why should UKC reg them?? Why should ANY registry register them? They are a cross breed dog, therefore, not a purebred ANYTHING!!!

Another reason why I see no point on registering my dogs, I know how they are bred, and thats all that matters.
    BB

8. but doesnt his wife or someone still work for them???

9. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

I believe his daughter and son in law and some other family members are still there.

10. Onac

Onac Pup

TO ANSWER THE QUESTION ON SUBJECT OF BIG DOGS. NUMBER ONE ANSWER IS MONEY, FOR ONCE I HAVE TO AGREE WITH BBK.
    BUT TO COMMENT ON THE STATEMENT REGUARDING OUR DOGS AS A CROSS BRED ANIMAL, NOW THAT JUST GOES WITH OUT SAYING, "DOESN'T IT". I MEAN HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU JUSTIFY A STATEMENT LIKE THAT. EVERY SINGLE BREED OF DOG IN THE WORLD IS A CROSS. (???????).
    THE PURPOSE OF UTILIZING A REGISTRY, IN MY OWN OPPINION IS THIS.
    TO KEEP ALL YOUR BROOD OR BREEDING STOCK AND THERE PEDIGREE STORES OTHER PLACES THAN JUST YOUR HEAD. TO TRACK DOWN DOGS THAT ARE IN THE PEDIGREE SOME WHERE DOWN THE LINE, (HISTORICAL PURPOSES).
    AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON, SO SOMEONE CAN NOT PULL A BREEDING OUT OF THEIR ASS WHEN THEY WISH TO SELL SOMETHING.
    IF YOU DON'T REGISTER YOUR DOGS, THEN YOU, LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN TO SOMEONE ELSE REGISTERING THEM, OR IF YOU SINGLE REGISTER THE ANIMALS THAT LEAVE YOUR YARD, YOU COULD POSSIBLY LET SOMEONE WALK OFF OF YOUR YARD WITH THE WRONG BREEDING INFORMATION, (BAD MEMORY, MAYBE), BUT THE REGISTRY COULD CATCH THAT FOR YOU. USING A REGISTRY, IS ALSO ONE WAY, NOT THE ONLY WAY, OR THE BEST WAY, BUT ONE WAY OF KEEPING HONEST PEOPLE HONEST.
    ANYHOW, EVERY REGISTRY IS GONNA REGISTER THE BIG BULLDOGS, AS WELL AS THE LITTLE BULLDOGS. AND JUST A NOTE SOME OF THE TWENTY AND THIRTY POUNDERS I HAVE SEEN, DON'T EXACTLY MEET THE STANDARD EITHER.
    IF I HAVE NOT MADE SENSE, THE REASON COULD BE THAT I SHOULD BE SLEEPING RIGHT NOW, INSTEAD OF SITTING AT THE PUTER, BUT I CAN NOT SLEEP.
    I WILL CLOSE WITH THIS. AADR, IS THE WAIVE OF THE FUTURE. THE MAGAZINE IS GROWING, THE NUMBER OF SHOWS ACROSS THE STATES IS GROWING, AND TERRY DOES AN EXCELENT JOB WITH THE PAPER WORK. CHECK HIM OUT. ALL AMERICAN DOG REGISTRY.
    NOT THAT ANYONE SHOULD CARE BUT, WE ARE CURRENTLY USING THEM EXCLUSIVELY FROM NOW ON. IN THE COMING YEARS EVERYTHING WE HAVE ADBA WILL HAVE OFFSPRING THAT IS AADR REGISTERED. I HAVE USED ADBA FOR YEARS (EARLY 1980'S) BUT WHEN MISS GREENWOOD SUGGESTED I SELL ONE OF MY DOGS (A PUP) IN A PHONE CONVERSATION LAST YEAR, I REALIZED THAT ADBA, HAS JUST GROWN TO USED TO TAKING MY MONEY AND OTHERS MONEY ASWELL.
    AND THAT IS PART OF MY TWO CENTS. I SHOULD PROBABLY PRE-READ THIS BEFORE I POST BUT I THINK THAT I HAVE A SMALL CASE OF INSOMNIA, THAT IS PREVENTING ME FROM CARING RIGHT NOW.
    YALL TAKE CARE.
    Onac

11. gator

gator Big Dog

They own and operate it.