1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

A World Perspective- Is our box getting Smaller? APBT,Tosas, Bully Kuttas, & Kangals.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Rocky H. Balboa, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Re: A World Perspective- Is our box getting Smaller? APBT,Tosas, Bully Kuttas, & Kang

2. zer0

zer0 Pup

Re: A World Perspective- Is our box getting Smaller? APBT,Tosas, Bully Kuttas, & Kangals.

<!-- / message -->
    I agree 100% Sid, but I did say a dog that quits. And I think you'd agree that simply losing a match is alot differant than quitting.

3. zer0

zer0 Pup

Iverson's Pits: We are in the same location. I was the one who messaged you the other night.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2006
  4. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Re: A World Perspective- Is our box getting Smaller? APBT,Tosas, Bully Kuttas, & Kangals.

See what I mean? LOOK, Japangame just subconsiouly added an additional 10lbs to the weight that was stated. This is why I am questioning it, and I've just never heard of dogs that large.

5. Mercepitdog

Mercepitdog Big Dog

AINT NO GAME BRED KANGALS!!!!!!

They are a live stock guardian dog. Also the breed is in a bit of a jam like ours, because people are breeding them for their size and not just their working ability. Dont be gullable, do you think a 260lb dog can be a so called fighting dog? Game bred kangals? Might as well be some game bred labs if thats the case.

These turkish men would only be more than happy to claim their curs good fighting dogs when they know damn well that hoping is all they can do when it comes to the proven dogs.

6. mikelia

mikelia Big Dog

I saw that pic (aswell as the pic of the Kangal going at the other dog in a kennel) on a national geographic forum (or something like that) where there was a topic about if a kangal could beat a pit. There was one member (who posted those pics) that was desperately trying to prove that kangals are better. I would seriously doubt the dog is almost 300 pounds.

7. wesley9

wesley9 Banned

having lack of faith in our breed , what a shame this might help

8. wesley9

wesley9 Banned

go to the storys and read (they came from every walk of life)

9. Mercepitdog

Mercepitdog Big Dog

I will never lose faith in OUR breed. But I will give points to the other dog men worthy of praise with their other breeds.

10. Mercepitdog

Mercepitdog Big Dog

Damn, that southern flag turned me off

11. japangame

japangame Big Dog

Well, Lets talk alittle about faith. Faith is the undieing want and belief in your breed correct? I have so much faith in my breed that I have been overtakin by the APBT. I have become what i believe in. Little man vs. Big Man. I am a welter wieght boxing instructor, and fighter. I have been boxing for 17 years,,,,thats right, i started at 5. I have been in many matches against all odds (School and Military)=(Human Back Yard Boogy Fights) that no-one thought of putting faith in me. All because the other oponent was chuto (alittle) bigger. But guess what, they just couldn't out move, out last and out fight me (the little guy). Do you know who was at each of these events? My dogs, at the sidelines cheering me on. I truley felt, that they had faith in me. Now I am one of them and I have nothin but faith, but i do respect other dog men's dogs. As i do respect the larger type fighters. If they would have gotten ahold of me when I was fighting, I might have lost;)

12. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

At risk of repeating my fool self, I suspect that there is a optimal size and weight for a (hypothetical) fighting dog. Just as there is for human fighters.

I am sure that Japangame will agree that, even in heavyweight boxing or Ultimate Fighting or whatever, you don't see 7' 400 pound giants competing. This is no accident.

I am sure that the old-timer breeders could have bred larger APBTs, or crossed Dogue de Bourdeaux, Tosa, or whatever, but the old-time breeders had already created a breed that was the optimal size for Cajun-style dog fighting. This was also no accident.

Perhaps under different rules, a different type of dog would reign supreme as a fighter. I do not know.

However, backdoor breeders aside, we should leave developing absurd oversized specimens to professional wrestling and Gottiline/Woods dogs.

13. Re: A World Perspective- Is our box getting Smaller? APBT,Tosas, Bully Kuttas, & Kangals.

I think the optimal weight for a fightdog is between(and around) 15 and 30 KG.....and I believe that the real roots of ouer Bulldogs are not to find in Enland....they came between 10 and 12 centurie from india as a bred that had from his origin on(from the beginning of domesticatin) only one genetic task....the FIGHT. The aseel is another houspet that was bred in this area...and this animals had two for thousands of years only this genetic task....that separates them from from all other fightstuff...dont matter big or small...a yes i forgod...the indian wolves are something special...they are smaler than all other wolves and they are allways red or yellow colored.....:)

14. Re: A World Perspective- Is our box getting Smaller? APBT,Tosas, Bully Kuttas, & Kangals.

I happen to agree with you re "Big Fish" this is why I posted the pictures and "disclaimer" for all of you. I do not know "as a matter of fact" the weight claimed is factual.

In addition, I can state that there are dogs that weight 285lbs. For example, St. Bernards hold the record (guinness) for heaviest dog(s).

15. Re: A World Perspective- Is our box getting Smaller? APBT,Tosas, Bully Kuttas, & Kangals.

Yes, I noticed that too!
    Here is a site that tells of the world's record for heaviest/longest dog:

http://rulingcatsanddogs.com/dog-world-record-breakers-2.htm

It states the dog to be 343lbs and 8 feet 3 inches long.

Maybe 285lbs was a "Big Fish".

16. Will Power

Will Power Big Dog

[​IMG]

This is the only pic i could find looks fake to me. But What do you think?

17. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

My dad (as a child) owned the (up until that time) Worlds largest St. Bernard....it tipped the scales at 235 the last time it was weighed, and continued to grow after that point. Before a final weight could be taken on the dog, and upon euthanization a week after showing symptoms...the dog weighed I believe he said 185 lbs.

What is the point of that bit of info? That a breed bred specifically for HUGE size for hundreds of years was maxed out at 237 lbs(the record at that time, since they couldnt get the dog weighed above it before it died). and even though bred for huge size...the dog was very, very unhealthy and most definetly not athletic. Now I ask, if a breed bred specifically to be that large for years and was accustomed to its size has such genetic flaws and cannot work....what makes you believe a breed that is (relatively) new can pop out of nowhere, weigh 50 lbs. more than a dog bred for size for hundreds of years and still be athletic enough to be a decent fighter? I am throwing the BS flag on one of two things.

1.) The dog is no where near 285 lbs.

and/or

2.) The dog really cannot do anything more than eat, shit, and sleep. Let alone fight.

I have previously seen larger breed dogs fighting (historically of course- including mastiffs, tosas, and kangals)....but I have never seen a halfway athletic one over 160 lbs. I have seen larger dogs being used, to no success. You start getting that large in size and stamina and endurance are out the window. You are betting on a 5 minute flurry designed to look impressive, not hurt the dogs physically (save for getting winded), and basically be all show. Bottom line is Large breed dogs are not fighting dogs in the Cajun rules sense of the word. If you determine a "fighting dog" by cur-snapping, tail tuckers who are designed to look the part, and not act it....then consider them whatever you want in your misinformed mind. Tosas, kangals, and bully kuttas are impressive in their own right, but its just that in their own right, not at the APBT's game. You can argue "but its so much bigger IT HAS TO WIN!" all you want, but to me your no better than the backalley thug rolling rottweilers.

18. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

14Rock, just for kicks do you have a pic of this beastly dog? I totally agree, there is little stamina in a human over 200 let alone a canine. Any dog getting into that weight range will be literally "rollin" he he... come on, that's funny.

Will Power, LOL, I'm going to bet that's fake! Any dog like that needs to be in a zoo! I'de pay good money to see one and feed it steaks!

19. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Re: A World Perspective- Is our box getting Smaller? APBT,Tosas, Bully Kuttas, & Kang

My fathers (previous) St. Bernard?

20. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Yes, that one. I'm like a child, I love to see pictures!