1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

A D B A is too damn slow!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by kimbel2392, May 28, 2004.

1. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

I got a dual registered pup, sent off both UKC & ADBA paperwork, each $50 for 7 generation pedigree, I know- my choice. But UKC had mine back to me in less than 2 weeks, ADBA says it will take them 4-6 weeks. Now I called and they both recieved the paperwork on these days:

ADBA- Friday, May 21 - won't get it back for 4-6 weeks

UKC- Monday, May 24- got it back today, Friday, May 28th

NOW MY QUESTION: IF THE ADBA ONLY REGISTERS PITS AND THE UKC REGISTERS EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN, WHY IS THE ADBA SO DAMN SLOW??????????????

IT IS ALMOST LIKE THEY WANT YOU TO PAY THAT EXTRA FOR RUSH OR SUPER RUSH

Richard in New Orleans

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2004
  2. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

B I N G O ! You hit the nail on the head......

3. GYD

GYD Pup

LOL Ain't that the truth! That's why, among other reasons...I've stopped using them. ;)

4. gator

gator Big Dog

I do honestly believe that the ADBA is all about the almighty dollar but Ralph Greenwood didnt intend for it to be that way.

5. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Check out BFKC if ya can...better service and damn good folks...

BB

6. gator

gator Big Dog

I will be looking into that.

7. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

The BFKC will accept ADBA reg. to transfer over to BFKC...if you are interested, email me and I will put you in touch with them...

BB

8. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

I had a dog registerd with BFKC and it took 3 months to get my papers back..

9. Bad experiance with ABDA, waited 2 month for paperwork to come back and then still wanted to charge extra as theire prices went up and we didnt know. I have only heared good things about BFKC as some friends have theire dogs registered thru them. Mr.ED MULLINS has a new Registry and we might be checking into that as he doesnt horse around. Will let everyone know how that works out.

10. æSDKæ

æSDKæ Pup

Kinda slow also..:(

11. Gamest

Gamest Pup

I just got some papers back from tha ADBA and it took only three weeks WOW I am not defended them just PUTTIN my story in.

12. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I've never had a problem with BFKC...as far as Ed Mullins registry, I'm kinda concerned that maybe they will register basically anyting, after seeing the chihihua that they claim is the worlds smallest pit bull...lol a genetic throwback my ass.

BB

13. gator

gator Big Dog

Did you pay extra for the rush service?

14. lol, yeah he did look an awful lot like a chihuahua.

15. BDK

BDK oo7

i have never had any problem with bfkc truly good ppl and extremely fast service my last registration with them took about 1 week and the prices a really cheap compared to other services they are honest ppl who will not like some others register just anything i could not ask for a better service than what they offer

16. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

Did I pay for the rush? sort of. I called them asking had they recieved my money order, they did. The 7 generation pedigree was normally 45 plus 5 dollar late fee.

I just dropped it to a 6 generation pedigree for $25 & super rush for $20, plus $5 late fee- still same price

Their were cheaper options but still 4-6 weeks regardless

17. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

ADBA sticks it to ya...if you want your paperwork back in any sort of a timely fashion, ya better add some extra money to get them off their asses. IMO...they are about one thing now...the almighty dollar, why else would they register cross bred Mastiffs and call them bulldogs...

BB

18. Redtail74

Redtail74 Big Dog

So far I've only registered a couple of dogs through adba and both papers came back in about 2 weeks. After all the bad things I've heard about them though I'm looking for someone to register with and I need to find someone quick because I have pups coming in a month.

19. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

If you have to register, check out BFKC...if needed you can email me or PM me and I can help put you in touch with them...

On another note, why register??? Unless you want to peddle pups? Do you really need a registry to tell you how your dog is bred? Or to give you a pretty ownership certificate? Registering dogs, is just another paper trail, IMO...
    Now of course ADBA says if you want to conformation show a dog, you must have ADBA papers, then again ADBA will register Mastiffs so long as you pay the price of a single registration...
    Tenn has a new club that I like, you don't have to have your dog registered at all, and can come out and spend the day hanging out and showing your dog if you like...thats what these shows should be about, having fun, like this show was, but ADBA says if you aren't registered, you aren't showing, meaning you must spend money on paperwork and then more money to register your dog for a show...I'd rather spend my money in the dog yard...
    BB

20. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

BBK-
    Is there a picture of this "worlds smallest pit bull"???
    LOL Kinda wanted to check it out!