1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

A Cold Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Mr.Mr.203, Jan 4, 2016.

1. plane

plane Big Dog

One more thing.
    Where is line of cold dog and dog who didn?t start to work.
    There are many different lines, every dog is different.
    If dog does not want to work with 2-3 yrs. is he cold?
    Maybe some dogs, other maybe need more time.
    I think that Chinaman start to work later. Imagine that history is played differently, that he was dead with 2 yrs.
    Today he would be an ordinary note, some cold dog.
    In some strange way some cold dogs stay cold because their owners do not want to wait them.

2. Mr.Mr.203

Mr.Mr.203 AKA ladybug

I believe dolly or polly was cold... might have been late starters (like 8-9 yrs old)

3. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I agree with Stinkrock,,, you have gamedogs,,, curdogs and cold dogs...

Look...Lady...If you dont know the difference in a cur and a cold dog,,, we cant help you...

Since your a Lady,,, a cur starts and stops... a cold dog doesnt fight at all...

Some might think cold is closer to cur,,, I like TDKs take on it... Some allow it in females only,,, and some BOLIO lines tend to have alot of cold females...

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [60684] :: MA'AT'S & <FONT COLOR=MAROON>TDK'S PANDA
    this bitch was a cold bitch from a great litter in which every male was of worth...
    I like AGKs analogy of not wanting anything cold close in the pedigree,,, but she produced an ACE...
    I look at her brothers accomplishmnets and her parents,,, her dam was a very sound bullodog...

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: OFFSPRING :: (LEFONZE'S) PATRICK'S SHABBA :: [9376]
    Shabba was said to be cold also... They didnt mind as Pat was replacing all the males until they got what they wanted and once they seen how she was producing know one gave a shit... Later at about five she might have started and said to be nice but not teste thoroughly due to her value in the brood penn...

So sometimes some say cold and others say you need to be patient,,, five years patient seems a little much...

It will bee along time before any scientist will be able to isolate and label something "the cold gene" as I shared the "freak gene" on this thread...
    ...Shadey Lady and the Speed Gene...

4. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

lady bug you got a cold one your looking for an excuse to breed?

5. Mr.Mr.203

Mr.Mr.203 AKA ladybug

Nope.... simply wanted opinions on if the cold gene, should fall under gameness...

6. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

I got my advice from strattons book.... It worked for me. I felt she was worth a try....I got more time than money, and had plenty. I truly believe the male would dominate..and he did. Every pup off that I liked ,I kept and bred back to the sire side....I was afraid to double up on the coldness...hey u live and learn..I wouldn't have changed a thing.....why ch to ch can bring cold and curs....

7. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Well I think I mentioned this in another, had A tight bread gyp, 2 and no inclination of starting, try her again no dice! Had several old successful breeders, say breed her this way I did, about 2-3 months she was away and dried up. A friend said I got something that will start her!!! We got in the box and he said let her go so she prances over there and Ken C. let his go she mopped the floor with my gyp and arteried, all of A sudden she flipped on! Broke them and it was all I could do to hold her! After that fight crazy! I think gyps are just to hard to race, (not all but the tight bread) I guess something about the hormones, then again I think A good gyp is more than 50% of your breeding program. When I was picking the brains of a lot of old breeders, they had A litter, raised every one the males are average or better, on A tight breeding, they just breed the gyp, I have owned enough tight bread gyps to know they can be one way one day and something else the next! Kind of like my ex wifes!!

Thunder98 likes this.
  8. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Keep it on topic.....

9. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

What is a dog that won't initiate but once a tooth touches he'll continue a cur? Or cold but never initiates

10. plane

plane Big Dog

Explain initiates?

My opinion is if he wants bite than is cur, if he does not want than is cold.

11. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Man if somethimg bite yo ass and you dont bite back you a cur.

12. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

Now Mr. Revolution that about sums it up..lmao

13. plane

plane Big Dog

But why are these 2 terms, cold and cur? If that is same thing why say one dog is cur another is cold?

14. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

what i mean is that dog will scratch back after it got bit first it won't bite first but after its bit it will keep scratching back sorta like a dog is too dumb to bite first

15. Mr.Mr.203

Mr.Mr.203 AKA ladybug

So nobody but me feels that being cold is displaying a degree of gameness... I love being different lol

16. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

No lady it's not. If gameness is the will and want to keep going no matter the odds , obstacles , adversity .then how is a dog that doesn't perform even begin to display this gameness.Yall say cold I say stupid cur wit. High pain tolerance

war machine likes this.
  17. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Limey Kennels believes it to be a sign of a double dead game dog. Lmao...

18. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

There have been a lot of good lines bread down from tight bread cold gyps, when the males have shown good when A line of dogs get bread really tight the gyps are unpredictable! Sometimes having A litter getting her back on her feet, will change her. It did mine!! Especially if you want the blood shes carrying! A male no way I'd breed it, I plugged one off Tobe and Rose at four because he just wouldn't go to many other good ones from that line I had access to!

19. Mr.Mr.203

Mr.Mr.203 AKA ladybug

You have to be stupid(to a degree)to be game...imho

Remember you have to go, and stop to be a cur...

20. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Not in my book like I said b4 if you get bit and don't bite back u a cur.