1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

32% protein

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by ShakaZ, Jan 12, 2010.

1. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

I WOULD base the choice of getting labs drawn on how your dogs seems to feel....if he or she is acting fine i wouldnt worry.

2. teras

teras Big Dog

this thread is from sometime ago but may be of interest to you:
    http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31935&highlight=orijen

3. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

If the protein is too high the pup could have growing issues like knuckling over in the front. like it was said before 26-28 is good for a pup. I had that happened to one of my pups and as soon as I switched to a lower level in a few weeks the problem corrected. There has also been several other members having the same issues and it was diet related.

4. In my experience, and like everything else, it depends on the dog. I once had two belly mate sisters. One would only eat Euk, and the other would only eat Diamond. The one raised on Euk had a lot of muscle, and now weighs around 75 lbs otc. The one raised on Diamond is 45 lbs otc. They both are the same height, they both are exercised regularly, but one is exactly 30 lbs heavier.

5. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

It's been a week, so far she hasn't shown any signs of knuckling over, but at the same time as soon as this bag is done (could take a while its a fifteen pounder) im going to switch to a lower protein just in case.

6. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

I would probably go ahead and get the new food and start mixing it so you cross her over gradually.

7. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Good iidea... It'll still be TOTW just the pacific stream flavor.

8. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

I have started mixing mine with a lower protien food. Haven't seen any knuckling over problems.