1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Zip Line Setups

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by BRONXXX, Aug 10, 2010.

1. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Anyone got any blueprints for making this type of setup?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

are you looking to use trees or make you own posts?

3. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Make my own posts :)

4. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

use those eye bolts to screw into each post, get some cable and run it through the eyes. clamp the cable ends down. run an oring through the cable and have a chain hangdown. attach that end to another oring and collar.

you could probably use chain with the posts if you dont want want to use cable. just connect each end of the chain to the eye bolts with quicklink/coldshut/shook/whatever you like.

when i made mine i didnt use any cable, all chain. 5/16" wrapped between two trees locked with superglued quicklinks on each end. i ran that chain through a 3" oring connected to some 3/8" chain connected to a swivel and oring.

I like using an oring vs pulley because these less parts to break. just need to keep an eye on the constant metal to metal rubbing when using an oring on chain.

5. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Dog week or light in the back end?
    a pully set up and a flirt will do wonders

6. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I've also done it like a ground run setup. good 10ft of chain, o rings on both ends, drive axel/post through both orings. feed another o-ring through the ground chain, connected to 3-4ft chain connected to oring/collar.

7. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Would the cable not hold or was this just your preference?

Thank you for the info Naustroms!

I dont have trees in the yard to use as posts so I was thinking to cement the posts in the ground...That was until you instilled the idea of the ground run setup which sounds alot more secure...

8. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Would O-Rings be strong enough to withstand the constant hitting/rubbing agaisnt the grounded axle? I can understand having the O-rings connecting the chain to the dogs collar, but I would think maybe using something alittle more heavier duty than O-rings as the grounding point of the setup? Did you ever run into an issue with this?

9. Zeuceone

Zeuceone Pup

You can wrap the chain around the axle and use a lap link to secure it

10. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

i just used chain as a preference. never had trouble with the orings and bulldogsupplycompany, obriensk9supply and stillwater all sell thick, heavy duty orings or you can do as previously mentioned and wrap the chain itself against the axel.

the ground line workedout great and is pretty cool if you have space issues. roughly ten feet long and 3 feet on either side. like with all setups its important you check consistently for wear

11. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Awesome, thanks for the info guys.

I'll post pictures when I get it all setup in a month or so to make sure that it will be ready for when my pup matures and is ready herself! :)

12. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

[​IMG]

Grounded zipline setup. Its about 16 feet long, hard to tell from the picture.

Anyone have any easy dogfriendly ways to get rid of grass/weeds permanently?

13. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

get a dog thats active on the chain. they'll run that down to dirt in no time.

14. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Yeah too bad shes almost completely catatonic on her setup. Barely moves, just barks. Hopefully within time she will grow out of it.