1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Your opinion

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Doggystyle, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

I took my girl to the vet and it just so happens that she loves pit bulls and owns a few,anyway, after looking over my dog she said that her bone structure and skull are rather small for her breed and age. The vet suggested I give her condensed goats milk. Has anyone ever heard of this and what does anyone know about the outcome?

2. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

how old is your dog,,I am just not sure if goats milk will actually help,,I know it won't hurt.

3. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

She just turned 1 year. The pics in my profile of her are recent.

4. CB

CB CH Dog

I say let her grow. Put her on a good kibble and let her grow she has alot more time to grow right now she is still a puppy.

5. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

She Hasnt Even Fully Matured Yet.

6. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

was the vet just wanting the dog to get the calcium out of the goats milk,, her head and chest isn't going to fill out completely until the age of two,

7. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

Ok, then my other question is whats up with the bulldogs I've seen that are sometimes twice the size of my girl and they are younger than her sometimes wayyyyy younger? Just a question. Take it easy on me I'm new here. I wonder how long can I use that for an excuse.hahahahahaha

8. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

check out some of the past threads,,there are alot of threads on this subject. good reading,,I checked out your pics, your dog is very nice,,your family is adorable, I wouldn't worry about a thing

9. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

She looks pretty good to me. APBT aren't suppose to have extremely large heads. Shes a good size. Most of those "bigger" APBTs you speak of aren't real APBTs.
    Like Catcher T said, search thru the forum. The "larger" APBTs have been discussed many times.

10. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

Ok, then my other question is whats up with the bulldogs I've seen that are sometimes twice the size of my girl and they are younger than her sometimes wayyyyy younger?

its genetics.

11. yea....BAD genetics

12. I Think You Vet Is Crazy. Your Dog Looks Fine. Maybe Its Time To Start Running/working Her, But That's About It. Chances Are, She's Much Better Bred Than Those Huge Puppies You've Been Seeing.

13. japangame

japangame Big Dog

bra,

Your girl is fantastic and has the potential to be one of the most beautiful animals out there. Remember that you dont want to be over come about size of head and stuff. That stuff is for kids. She is beautiful and never think any different. Do you have a ped on her. Is she registered. If so, whats her blood. Holla back on the IM if you dont hear from me again.

14. japangame

japangame Big Dog

You got that right. She is wonderful. Working her is all there is to do.

15. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

I got her from a byb, so I don't have a ped. I work her about twice as much as I feed her. I've seen the threads on sizes and I understand there are no fans of the large APBTs. I just hope she turns out to be a good size. We're working on getting some nice defintion on her. I haven't really seen results from just walking her and spring-poling her. I'm thinking of weight pull training. Nothing to heavy of course until 18 months-2 years.

16. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

The dog in your profile is a beast.

17. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

You got some huge pits too!

18. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

Better bred than the puppies you are selling?

19. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

I usually wouldnt say anything, check this out. On your page, you said mentioned that you sell RAZORS EDGE.. Isnt that bloodline about xlarge blue pits and yet you have also had this to say about them.. that OVERDONE PITS"and generally serve as a contaminant to the breed as a whole".

20. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

All I'm saying is that the ones who are telling me APBT shouldn't be huge, own huge bulldogs. My girl is a nice size after comparing her to the massive dogs.