1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

your opinion on my dog

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by mack10, Jan 13, 2006.

1. mack10

mack10 Pup

My dog just turned eight months old, and she is now 45 pounds, I was wondering for a female is this average or above average. Note, she is not fat at all and she is just recovering from her first heat, I have noticed since the heat she has gotten wider. Feed back please.......

mack 10

2. pulldoginks

pulldoginks Banned

I think that your dog would be fine. But you can look up weight ranges on the ADBA site. As for looking bigger in her heat just like a human woman she prob. blotted from her cycle...lol
    :P

3. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

My female is 8 months and 31 pounds. She is a bit large but it might be her genetics.

4. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

When my female was 8 months old she was 20 lbs. Weights vary lot in this breed. Right and wrong weight varies, it is more about the condition the dog is in opposed to how heavy the dog is. ;) At least that is what I gather. :)

5. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

depending on how lean your dog is....i would say she's a biggin'

6. D'dizzle

D'dizzle Big Dog

do you have any pics?

7. mack10

mack10 Pup

Every time I try to upload a pick, it does nothing, but shows the loading icon, and I sit and wait and nothing, sorry I would love to share by pretty girl with you all. Well today I took here in for a check up and found out she has a urinary track infection, so I got her on some medicine today. I thought my scales might have been wrong, so we weighed her at the vet, and sure enough she is infact 45 pounds. She is now a little over 8 months, so I asked my vet if she will grow any more, he said she is through height wise, yet she will fill out some more.

This is my first pit bull so I said do you think her head will get bigger? ,and he said no, it will not get any bigger, I didnt agree with that? If she widens wouldnt her head widen as well? I mean she is only 8 months old.

Anyways sorry about not getting to put up pictures, I guess dial up really sucks, I am definately going to get dsl, this is killing me.

thank you for answering and trying to be of help with the questions I have
    , macky