1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite dogman?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by coco0889, Sep 16, 2008.

1. beanieman

beanieman Banned

Wel since i'm from europe :D
    i liked the dogs of finkle winkel.
    Seen a son of ginger when i was young and i really liked the build of those dogs, also some have a good track record and were good on air.

2. Ricky1969

Ricky1969 Big Dog

Maurice Carver and then James Crenshaw :cool:

3. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Oh to hell with it, here are mine.

STP
    Fat Bill
    James Crenshaw
    Gary Hammonds

4. Great post.

5. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I won't call his name on here but mine had to be the guy who turned me onto dogs some years ago. He was a top notch conditioner and handler, but never really made a lot of breedings. Breeding and selling dogs is how your name gets out there when your dogs do good things for other people. He kepts 10-12 dogs that covered a lot of weights and they were all open to the world. There were no brood dogs on the yard, no stud dogs or brood bitches...just match dogs....and the dogs with a chance to become a match dog...when the dog had done all he could do, or the next up and comer was better he gave the dogs away to people who were interested in them as brood....let me repeat, gave them away or back to the people who placed with them with him....he beat big names like STP, tant, beaudreaux, fat bill, chavis,....not just there dogs but them too....
    he has forgotten more about conditioning than most will ever know...here is a lil' something he dropped on me many,many years ago...the keep does not last eight weeks...it starts at eight weeks...meaning everything that happens to that dog from weaning til show night shapes him as match dog....everything from chain set-up to living quarters to daily feed to healthcare and interaction....the successful guy is the one who can make the long term committment...US1

SMD760 likes this.
  6. Boze

Boze Top Dog

i am not sure who you are talking about, but he sounds like a great mentor and friend to have on your side and from that statement he told you alone puts him on a list anywhere as a great dogman.

7. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

he had all these sayings...i should have written them all down...things like...you gotta know what you are looking for before you can know what you are looking at....be surprised when they make it, not when they quit....all of 'em have the same gas tanks and they will all go empty in time...some just get to where there going before that happens...just crazy simple stuff like that... when he said it we all sort of laughed but then later i would think about the volumes involved in those little quirps....
    have been real fortunate to call him my friend...US1

8. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

I contradicted nothing, he ran Journal ads well over 10yrs ago, go back and read what I said and lol you calling him a businessman and then listing FB as your favorite dogman, he's on ebay selling sht and puts ads everywhere, lol. Dont be a hypocrite

STP is a team, not a dogman...expert....have a good one.

9. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Yeah I know that it stands for Stop The Polock's (sp?) a.k.a. (polish people) just so you know.....expert? Not hardly...just a humble green student. Didn't realize we couldn't list teams, lol.

10. My favorite dog man/ dog woman is anyone that meets this criteria. Operating a yard with the climate being what it is today. Breeding your own stock best to best. Not selling rejects to corner pharmacists.

11. Mrs. Meade-Barker says "K.G"

12. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

There are so many because some where breeders,conditioners,and some did it all.Ones I have read about Armitage,Colby,Tudor,Carver. The ones I have met or was in my era is STP hands down the best,then I like Floyd,Fat Bill,Rocca,Billy Stevens,Yankee Boys,Mansey Payne

13. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

any dogman and dogwoman that is honest and breeds simply for game, nothing more and nothing less.

14. Boze

Boze Top Dog

ya he is selling memorabelia not fucking dogs and he is also more of a dogman than garner will be, and that goes for all aspects of being a dogman. garner is a narsasistic juice head who does nothing more than breed dogs

15. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

OK so heres the thing to say that either Garner or Boudreaux isn't or wasn't a Dog man is wrong. Then to say one is not a Dog man because they hustle off puppies, It just doesn't make sense, I've heard stories about both men, but The Title of Dog Man isn't earned by a squeaky clean image, but by what they have accomplished.

16. EliLine

EliLine Pup

Floyd Boudreaux ! in my opionion he's the best dogman of ever !

17. C2K

C2K Top Dog

There is no STP anymore.
    It was a team but at the end there was only one left.

BTW that isn't what it stands for.
    Jack Kelly wrote in his book what it stands for.

18. mendoza78

mendoza78 Pup

enrique morfin, mr. cardenas, gustavo yanez, in mexico. mr. faron, mr. stevens, mr. rocca, mr. stratton, in u.s.a.

19. KDW

KDW Native Nightmare

well i have my 3 favorite dogmans :D
    Finkle Winkle
    Enrique Morfin
    and offcourse Mr. Cardenas !!!

20. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

what bout mike vick,snoop dog,dmx,n big boi frm outcast?:D:D:D:D