1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

You might be a peddler if....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dream Pits, Oct 4, 2010.

1. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

2. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

No it's not easy to come up with, but size of somones pocket doesn't make it fast lane or not.

3. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

Easy to say a cur on your yard can stop a match dog with 200k on the line. A lot easier said than done. :rolleyes:

I agree, the size of someones pockets dont make it fastlane, however it makes it a lot easier to rub elbows with folks in the fastlane.

4. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

It's not easier to rub elbows with them. A mere $500-$1500 easy can get you a match with one of the best.

5. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

$500-$1500 may get you a match with ONE of the best, but no where near enough money to get you a match with the REST.

6. peppapig

peppapig Banned

soooooo.....it looks like we have sorted what a peddler is??......no??:rolleyes:

7. kgip2

kgip2 Pup

I've seen some that folks try early and write off as a cur turn around and mature into some bad@ss dogs....

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

its suppose to be about the dogs, not the money. no1 is taking there dog out for nothing but i think you're puttin to much emphasize on the purse. At the end of the day when we talk about these dogs do we talk about the individual dogs or about the amount of money that was bet? The dogs come first, everything else is secondary...

9. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

Disagree, dogmen a working a 9-5 dont have the money or time to take a week off work to go international and match into the elite. Not to mention the elite have no interest in betting a lousy $1500.00.

However if you have deep pockets it would be no problem to take off for a week at a time and it would be no problem to come up with the minimum 10k.

10. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I only need to do one at a time.

11. kgip2

kgip2 Pup

You people, well some of you here crack me up... The money is what is killing the breed...

12. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I have some of the best dogmen living within driving distance to me. No need to go international.

13. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Maybe it's not all about the money...?

14. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

Times have changed my friend.

No1 wants to be known as the best breeder of game dogs in the U.S.

No1 in the U.S. wants the whole world knowing they have a GR CH on the yard.

Pre 76 It was all about the dogs....

so what im saying is if you are taking the risk of having a gr ch on the yard in the US this day and age, you better be betting the house on that bastard each time out, b/c you are risking your house by housing that bastard. you get my drift?

15. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i definately understand what you are saying. Remember this sport is still alive in alot of areas. its not about BEING KNOWN tho. Its about taking the best you have on your yard and to the best others have. Thats the only way to know if you have the best or not. If this werent to occur then maybe everyone would have sandman dogs instead of buck dogs. There will always be real dogmen who did it for the dogs, there will always be gamblers who buy good dogs. See, times haven't changed as much as you think;)

16. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

In order to take yours into the best you would need to leave the country.

Times have changed you are just unaware.....Apparently.

The top players in the game are international, reguardless of what you and jo blow think.

If you havent been international i would NOT expect you to know.

If you ever get a chance to go international, take a look around and you will be among some familiar faces. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  17. kgip2

kgip2 Pup

Agreed....:dogkiss:

18. peppapig

peppapig Banned

so is it your opinion that a kennels/dogman has to show internationally to be respected?:dogstare:

19. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

This day and age if you are going to call yourself a TRUE COMPETITOR and you are seeking the top COMP you would need to go international to gain my respect.

pre 76 if you didnt leave your state to seek the top comp in the US you werent considered a top competitor, the same is true today.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  20. peppapig

peppapig Banned

i might be wrong here.....wouldnt be the 1st time.....but you sound awfully like CA!!