1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

You might be a peddler if....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dream Pits, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

you owned 2 dogs and you bred them together every heat for years and you still only have those 2 dogs :D

keep it goin...

2. roza

roza Pup

You might be a peddler if all you do is buy dogs and breed them and sell pups, having never campaigned a dog yourself and breeding your stud dogs to anyone who has a bitch and some cash...

3. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

You might be a peddler if you accept VISA/MASTERCARD as a payment method....

You might be a peddler if you have 19 litters on the ground now....

You might be a peddler if you advertise 35x's such&such in 4 generations....

You might be a peddler if you sell a puppy to any tom, dick, and harry that wants to buy a puppy....

You might be a peddler if you accept deposits on a breeding before you ever start the breeding....

4. popper

popper CH Dog

are yall referrig to someone i particular? may know who

5. xx24x7xx

xx24x7xx Big Dog

If u buy ur dogs cuz the parents "had huge heads/necks" not knowing shit bout the blood or what direction ur goin. . .breed em 1st an EVERY heat an expect 1500 an better a pup cuz they are "RARE blue "pitbulls" ROTFLMFBO!!!!!!!!!! GOOD POST.

6. mdp1985

mdp1985 Big Dog

if when asked what lines u run and u say blues, reds and brindles...

or when asked how a pup is breed u say i rescued his dad from a dog fighting ring and his mom is a 100 pound blue with a big block head and low to the ground so u know these pups gonna be fire (these were actual conversations i have had that ended with a " oh, ok! have a nice day.")

7. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

If you open a facebook page and name it "junkyard kennels Australia" [not me] and advertise breeds of dogs for sale that are not even availible in your country but post overseas pictures of all your "stock" because you cant have your own pics of dogs that you never owned.:D

8. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

the biggest 1 is if u dont cull...that means u must sell everything,,,lol

9. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

if you breed for color and nothing more.

10. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

quite the opposite of a peddler- as you are gauging whether or not there is sufficient placement opportunities before the breeding ever takes place...thats good practice in my book.
    a peddler would be one who breeds them anyhow w/ nothing hard lined up for the pups, thus spawning the "need room' fire sales that are all too common these days.

11. peppapig

peppapig Banned

peddler=a person who sees the breeding of dogs only as a way of creating an income.

12. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

Personally I know/met more peddlers that practice this method than dogmen, but to each his own.

Good Day.

13. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

This is the most concise and to-the-point definition.

14. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

I agree. thats on point!

15. akcbr954

akcbr954 Big Dog

agreed

if ur selling 'em b4 u breed 'em.......ur a peddler(being a mod on a site that cant define fastlane doesnt change that)

16. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

:0047: .................

17. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

excuse me? being a mod what?

for those cerebraly challenged let me explain my point in a little greater detail, for then you might get it.
    if you plan a breeding, and take deposits on said breeding, and do not garner the interest required to assume ownership of the offspring you are not keeping for oneself-thus negating the breeding...you are not a peddler.

now if you only have 2 takers and have no plans of keeping any for yourself, and make the breeding anyhow, then yes- you are a peddler.

i dont care what any half wit on the damn internet says, this is how it should be done. if you arent going to be able to place all the dogs, keep them all, or put the reaminder to sleep, then you shouldnt make the breeding-plain and simple. taking a step in the right direction and being responsible makes one a peddler? i have heard it all now. internet dogmen, one of the biggest downfalls of this breed.

18. maydayfan2010

maydayfan2010 Banned

Most DOGMEN I know practice this method:

Breed the best to the best.
    Keep as many as they can to themselves.
    Farm out the rest to there trusted inner-circle.

All the dogs are accounted for, and there is NO need for a deposit, Making this a more RESPONSIBLE way to do a breeding.

Dogmen make there money in the square.... not by accepting deposits and selling pups.

19. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

sounds like either a) fantasty land or b) not many people at all in this "inner circle"
    i.e. your example is on the far lower end of what is reality, esp in this day and age.
    look at most of the highly respected dogmen out there from ~the days of old~.... look at what their method was- prove the dog, breed it and sell the offspring. the money was and always will be in the progeny- in either the stud or puppy form. its the dogs we all covet now in our pedigrees. if they werent selling them, we certainly wouldnt have the dogs we have today, for the most part anyhow.

20. peppapig

peppapig Banned

asking for a deposit on a dog just goes someway to stopping the bullshitting buyers calling to your door just to look at pups.it also means the potential buyer has booked the pup he wants.imo deposits are a good thing. asking for deposits is a good practice if ever breeding and have a couple to sell.especially in big litters.nothing worse than cunts saying they want a pup...then at 8 weeks old they change their mind.