1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

You can't get back time.

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by ziggy311, Jan 19, 2014.

1. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

When you have actually been around & you have more than an IQ of 3, you will more than likely have you own line with in & no later than 10years of dealing with these dogs. I doesn't take much nor is it that hard to find dogs worth breeding on re-guard less of what your doing with these dogs. It only takes a good female to start a line. Most just used a well bred bitch & bred to 2 or more good studs to start there foundation with. This is no secret. But to have been in dogs 10 or more years with no line or foundation even started is a real bad sighn of the dogman. Dogs are not so bad that in 10years you could not come across @ least one! That's something that can & should be established when 1st starting out. Just pick up a magazine & buy a bitch if there are none locally. 2nd. There are always & have been great males available & open for public stud. So WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? People will knowingly or not choose to not except responsibility with what they feed. In a lot of cases the dogs they buy are all of that & a bag of chips until there are asked to perform. It's only then when a dog doesn't meet its expectation , that the dog owner will put fault to where bought there dog. This is a reason used by folks who run from responsibilities. You waste more time & money jumping from line to line. You waste time dealing with folks that jump from line to line. Time that you just can't get back. Some will say & even show that they have been dealing with dogs for decades but to ask of breedings & they spit out some famous breeders. IS THAT WHO YOU REALLY WANT TO GET A DOG FROM? Why not just do as they did ,cut him out , & deal with that famous breeder himself? Time & money is the major factors on dealing with these dogs. Think real hard before wasting either on folks that have no problem wasting theirs. Don't waste time you can't get back.

2. dog666

dog666 Pup

have to disagree i know of a couple of dogman who don't have their own line after decades they just get good dogs and work them, every now and then they breed their own dogs and keep and work the offspring but after that they don't have a problem in using someone else his dog if that's the better choice.
    I also know of a dogman who hates pups and breeding and he just get's good prospects that he works and make winners or CH,
    You don't have to be a breeder to be a dogman.

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...thats true ...d-666.....even when or if ya have your own family of dogs,there will come a time ya add something new.....no/yes.....?????????????????

4. dog666

dog666 Pup

agreed, even when you have your own line there comes a time you need to add something new.

5. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

This is just our personal opinion directed @ someone who is starting their own line of dogs.

6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I think you need to be into the dogs at least 10 years before you think of "starting" your own line. If yo buy two dogs and breed them the said offsprings isn't your line. Those are just pups you bred off of someone else's dogs. Everybody has a different opinion on how many generations it takes to create a "family" or "line" of dogs, but I don't think you can call a dog "yours" unless at least first 4 generations(IMO) are dogs that you bred, some would say more than 4 gens. Either way that's something that is simply impossible to do in ten years, unless you breed year old pups for 4-5 generations

If your up shit creek without a paddle, chill out and float back down!

7. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

ziggy's full of shit, unless ya breeding every 12months to 12month old untested shit then ya can have your own STRAIN of shit lol..
    personally i wouldn't/haven't bred anything under 3 years so that gives 2 generations in 6 years 3 generations in 9 etc. 10 years doesn't give ya enough time to evaluate and come up with only top quality dogs and thats exactly what ya want....top quality dogs if you want ya own Strain/Line, or any dog for that matter, what ever ya do, you should be look'n at only the best quality.
    lol...unless your a peddler and want to do as above and have your name plastered all over some ADBA papers or something and thats about what i get from that first post.....

8. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

If you breed two dogs from different lines right then you are starting your own line. Either good or bad. That breeding will tell show you your next step. Point blank

9. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I just don't agree with that bud. If you breed two dogs together,you may can call yourself a breeder but one set of pups is not starting a line, now this is just an example I'm using. Say you bought two hounds from FB, you breed those two dogs. The pups may have been bred by you but you can't say these pups are my bloodline, because you just piggybacked another mans work. Even if you got two hounds from two different guys and bred together, that's not your bloodline. To me its about consistency in breeding, 10 years isn't enough time to put into a "bloodline". I've got hounds that I've bred and raised but that doesn't mean I've got my own line. Just means that a lot of people put a lot of work in for me to begin with the caliber of dogs I did, and I think for someone to breed 2-3 generations of dogs and say that you have a bloodline is just sacreligous. Too many people devote their whole life to the breed for a few people to think their kingshit in a few years

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

If I breed some dogs I figger that's my " line" and from there its the dogs chance to make it there " line"

11. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Agree 100%

12. keystone

keystone CH Dog

Say you bought two hounds from FB, you breed those two dogs.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    don m send female to me .(1980)
    then he say breed this male to the bitch (who is in your erea?
    then he send a male and sais breed him also to the female
    then he send other male and sais breed this one back to the old lol
    did not regret it went that way

13. keystone

keystone CH Dog

then he say breed this male to the bitch (who is in your erea?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    then he said breed the black male who is in your erea to the bitch i have sended you .

14. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Yea I don't mean you can never start a line off others dogs. In my personal opinion though its something that takes more than 1 or 2 generations. That's just my opinion though, ya knw.

15. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

:0047:
    Yes BB I agree ! Once you buy sum dogs...You can change their name, start your line ect........

16. keystone

keystone CH Dog

You can't get back time.
    --------------------------------
    understanding is coming with time/years.

17. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Ok I can see where someone that has been in dogs for years can maybe start a line quicker than a beginner, I think I took it as saying that it was easy to start your own line and any beginner coming in could do it within ten years

18. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

,,,,,:claptomusic:,,,HE sure did say that,and you still got "sweet f-all",,,to talk about or worth a mention....:lolbangtable:..lol...lol....lol.....:gotcha:

19. keystone

keystone CH Dog

first thing don told me ..look to the dogs and not to the peds lol
    right that is what beginner/starter/new should do .
    and not listen to the big story's/(seminar's lol)
    and don't buy from a peddler who don't wanne sel a pup in his own erea lol its smelly/not having faith in your own gene
    --------------------------------
    folow your feeling

20. keystone

keystone CH Dog

to think their kingshit in a few years
    -----------------------------------------
    yes one thinks he is a king
    other one thought he was the empire
    other one thinks he is uniqeu/el unico lol