1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Yetti Coolers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bamaman, Aug 12, 2015.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

20150807_185548.jpg Just a drink cooler 35 qts but I hqve been impressed.I put ice in Sunday and it still has ice in it.I been impressed enough to buy a much.larger yetti for fishing and hunting.

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

The 35 qt was 299 before tax , so yep they pricey but so far I can tell they worth the money.

3. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Nice cooler. I've heard they're nice but my Walmart one does the trick for me so far. Keeps ice for a couple days. I'd be interested to see how many days that keeps ice before melting.

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Treez the yetti is so well insulated that it not only is good at ice retention it also will hold heat.Thier are a few steps reccomended for maximum ice retention.One is to keep your cooler inside if possible and 2 , is to put a bag of ice in there and let it cool it off.3 is to make sure everything u put in it is chilled.Not thats for maximum ice retention..Ok Sunday I didn't do any of that and I still got ice and I was outside with it all day sunday.

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Now that's for maximum ice retention is what I meant up above trees...Got too much sun on my screen this morning , not in the shade yet lol.

6. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

I hear my coworkers rav on about these. I really never have the need for one, but it's definitely a wise investment if you camp, tail gate, BBQ, etc. Glad you're happy with your purchase

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Ty...and yesnim happy so far.I did quite a bit of research and talked to a lot of fishermen in my area who deep sea fish and I decided to go with yetti.Thier are a few others I looked into andni came close to buying a Pelican cooler but come to find out I had a friend who is a Yetti dealer.

8. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

I do a lot of Fishing and Hunting but could never spend that much on a cooler, so I always buy them from Sports Authority or walmart, and yes they worked fine...
    fish kept cold, but the handles always brake on me. So, if I come into some X-tra $$$ I'm finally gonna buy one Either Pelican or Yeti.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Thier is a 5 yr warranty on yetti coolers that covers everything..Lol wnd hey I have always been a Coleman Extreme type petson.This is my first Yetti so I bought a smaller one first just to see how.I like it.I will get 104 qt next.Only thing I am not crazy about is these suckers are heavy.Just the 65 qt is 26 lbs empty anf I am gettin the 104 qt..My freind has a 65 nad when its full it takes 2 people to handle it.MY 35 qt when full is heavy but one man can handle it.Its heavier than u would think though.I will get the 65 for hunting and the 104 will stay on the boat.

10. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Off topic a bit, but reading this made me realize Striper season is a couple months away.....OOOOOOOWEEEEE!

11. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

there is a season for strippers? *scratches head*

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

haha my same thoughts BK .

13. tudor

tudor Big Dog

If I went out from civilization for days on end with no way to get to ice I would consider spending the loot on a yeti. But for my weekend trips and such my $20 Coleman keeps my beer nice and cold lol.

CajunBoulette likes this.
  14. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

NO season for strippers........Just old moldy dollars all year round.Plus I have a policy...NEVER PAY FOR WHAT YOU CAN GET FOR FREE! I was speaking of Striped Bass since fishing was a piece of the discussion. You two might have an itch that needs scratching....lmao.

15. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Muddy I like using live bait for striped bass.We have a fish here called a skip jack and striped bass love them.The trick is you have to get the skip jack on the hook within a couple seconds and back in the water or else the skipjack will die..Got to be quick .

16. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Same here, but no Skip Jack. Not supposed to but people catch live Shad and that's where we buy our bait....but don't get caught withem. Stripers love them, we hookem up right below the dorsal fin or the lip and let them swim away. Blood worms are also a good bait for them if you don't have access to the live Shad. Dead shad Butterflied or cut in chunks can work also but not for them lunkers. There's some more I'm sure and as the weather cools I'll be refreshing myself....IF I'm not tending to more pressing issues by then. Though I have been wanting to hit my sweet spot by the Golden Gate and do some crabbing. I really like that type of fishing....lol. Bait up the cages, toss them in, BBQ, drink and what not. By the time the party is winding down there should be some crab to stuff in the coolers.

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

We don't have much trouble with the law such as game wardens.Had one a few years ago that would write you up for anything and it got so bad the judge just satrted throwin all his tickets out of court.Finally the judge suggested to this young mans superiors he be placed in another area and he was.

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

This young man caught me one time with way too many perch.He was hiding out at the boat landing waiting on folks and had his truck parked up the hill which was out of view of the landing.So he tells me come on up to my truck I'm gone have to write you up , well my buddy was in another boat and saw what was happening.Well while he was writing me my buddy got on my boat and took all the extra fish off lol...So when he gets through writing me up I said I think you miscounted and I want a recount and he did.To his surprise I was legal and tore up the ticket.

19. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

LMAO! That's how ya do it bro. Always nice to be out and have somebody watching your back.

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Yes indeed..Wasnt our first rodeo ! Lol