1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Yard Setups?? or Indoor?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TheFinest, Apr 3, 2010.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Those are some fine crates you have there rally, do you mind if I ask where you get them from?

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

carefull you may get some folks in trouble with that one

3. AGK

Some dogs can and others won't tolerate other dogs. I have seen it done, several times before successfully, I have also expierenced the other end of it too. Not recommended for novices to keep more than one dog in a household but a dedicated dogman can get some gamedogs, to react differently to other house animals (or pack members) than they would act with any animals unknown to them. Hell, I got a gamebred bitch thats bred out the ass here that has a best friend of 3 years, a cat yet show her one outside of this house or another dog and it's psychomania.;) So while it can be done, accidents are always a possibility no matter whom owns the dogs.......

4. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Definitley not for the newbie to bulldogs. All mine love my cats and my males and females get along great! However a stray cat or dog is immediate toast. Male to male uh NO. Female to female, yes, but wayyyy too iffy and strained.

5. mommy2kane

mommy2kane Big Dog

Depends on space, location, preference, etc. We crate indoors during the day -- then everyone has their own chainspot for "outside" time. Running the yard would only be done individually, and under supervision (even with a 6 foot fence as that's a slight hop with some of the dogs). We're also looking at getting some kennels in the near future.

6. TheFinest

TheFinest Pup

RallyRacer- those are some nice crates indeed!

AGK, I wanted an external kennel setup like that.

To answer some of the questions- I defintly will train the dog as much as I can. I'd like to have a indoor dog. I really do believe its [possible to have a family/companion bulldog. The only problem I see is that most are suggesting that you cant really have a well conditioned dog without a chain setup.

7. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I would also love to know where I could find a crate like that. Looks really heavy duty.

8. TheFinest

TheFinest Pup

Silent- you have a dobe?
    I was very curious how a male dobe pup would be raised with a bull. Btw, dobes are lots of fun, I actually thought about sch not too long ago.

9. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i get them from pet edge dot com

http://www.petedge.com/product/Home...ct-Empire-Cages/pc/194/c/310/sc/502/45512.uts

it may seem that they are ~exspensive~ but if you think about it-they will last a very, very long time-alot longer than a thin wire crate. they are $279 plus shipping. they ship out of Mass, for me it was $70 to ship ( they are HEAVY so they ship frieght)
    they are very well put together- i couldnt make one for that price...and i have all the tools.

10. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

nice set ups

11. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Thanks Rally, those cages look real nice.

12. TheFinest

TheFinest Pup

excellent- perfect to crate indoors.

13. mommy2kane

mommy2kane Big Dog

LOVE this crate. It was a lifesaver in our home, for one of our males who trashed other crates. Heavy-duty, but not bad looking. All the dogs love it -- roomy and comfortable!

Definitely worth the money if anyone has a dog who has destroyed crates. I spent more on destroyed crates -- would have been smarter to just get one of these upfront, but I had no idea he was going to do that.

14. AGK

This is untrue.
    While I have yet to put him through a keep, he is worked pretty hard here on a regular basis.

[​IMG]

I keep him pretty ripped and If I could get the jerk to hold still long enough in a stacked pose you would see what I mean. I could only imagine what he would look like if I actually put him through a keep
    By the way, he is a house dog and has been in the house since 7 weeks old (at least untill I finish my yard set ups that is).This dog will run 3 miles while I'm on a bike like it was a walk around the block.

Disregard the picture of me, I tried to shoot myself with a shot gun once and I failed.....lol

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
  15. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

nice crate RALLY were can i find them at a good price?

16. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

^^lol nevermind i missed your post

17. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

This is similar to what I do. I kinda use all the housing techniques together. I have two outside chain spots as well as a kennel. All the dogs are crate trained and we just take turns all day. One loose in the house, one in the quarentine room, two on the tie ups, one baby gated in a room, etc.... For excersise they mostly go out one at a time except for Tank and Arez who go out together. I also have an indoor tie down, big metal baby gates and I adjust what I'm doing depending on who is where and who gets along with who, if anyone. Damn... even my cats are crate trained. :p

18. TheFinest

TheFinest Pup

Nice dog AGK- thx

19. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

Our dogs have all three options lol. They have crates indoors; chain spots outside that are individually fenced with 5' chain link.

[​IMG]

We chose to fence the chain spots to minimize the risks of accidents so we could utilize the whole property for hunting, working, and playing off leash. Not to mention you don't have to worry about neighbor dogs coming over to visit.

20. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

Kennel in russia I believe geewiz.
    It looks more like a fortress

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010