1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Yall experience?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by popper, Sep 10, 2010.

1. popper

popper CH Dog

What is yalls experience with blood that throws some good winded dogs? Personaly experience and what you think is out there that would work well.

Thank you all

2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

colby/heinzl

based on the fact that this one....
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=302785

...could keep up w/ anything i put before him> hiked 16 miles in deep snow, would swim around w/ me while i surfed, dove underwater to retrieve repetatively, would pull me on skateboard for miles and miles, all this and more without ever missing a beat.
    most people dont like this blood-think its lost its flame, but if you want a smart athelete look no further in my honest opinion.

i now have this one....
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=168620

...she is not quite 2 years old yet, but showing well so far. she is slowly getting introduced more and more to the endurance aspects and fairing quite well. not a big fan of swimming yet, but she is a good distance hiker and smart smart smart!

3. popper

popper CH Dog

Thats key for me ralleyracer.... I need/love smart dogs. Looking for a pup to maybe start hog hunting with my female and help her out. If you were to train your dog hog hunting, in your head how do you think she would do?

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

honestly- i dont think she would be game to take on a full grown hog quite yet- dont get me wrong, she has good drive and has caught a few guineas on the fly-but she had a run in w/ some of the cattle at a young age and the size kinda spooked her. if i were to put her on hogs it would be a slower than normal progression, simply because of her semi-traumatic episode when she was about 6 months old-the size thing. but... partnered up w/ an experienced catch dog i think she could do it- just not as a solo catch dog. in short-small game no problem, large game-would probably need some work.
    now my little ~boyles~ male? absolutely without a doubt. but w/ him i look at the smarts department for improvement-hes sharp, but sometimes not so much.
    i am entertaining the possibility of breeding these two together at some point in the coming years, as combining their traits would yield an even more rounded dog that i feel could work, as i have bred/used that cross before and was happy with the results.
    i love my dogs for what they are, but i am not blind to the improvements that could be made, and i do not think i have the greatest thing since sliced bread, but they are great dogs for me.

5. simpson

simpson Big Dog

It's "long winded", pop-offer.

6. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

Is anyone still carrying a large percentage of Heinzl these days? I had a Heinzl/Corvino male and he was impressive as hell, there was no stop in that dog, regardless of what we had him doing. :cool:

7. popper

popper CH Dog

Yesrally which ever pup i decide to get will defhave a great teacher and would not be going solo. Could your dogs workin a pack ?

8. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

good teacher is essential.

could mine work in a pack? well, that female and one of my males ~could~ possibly work together, they are pretty close in age and were pretty much raised together in the house, didnt have to start seperating them until she was about7 or 8 months old( and that was merely as a preventative measure). now they get an occasional bit if time together under strict supervision.
    from back when....
    [​IMG]

he has always been very tolerable of her and her alone....
    [​IMG]

9. Very hard to find to say the least. Had some Corvino blood back in the 80's and as far as inteligence, they were very, very smart. Loved to swim as well. Lived on a huge pond and would swim after ducks all day.

Today, the smarts and style are overlooked for the freak mouth. Sad but true..

10. madboy

madboy Big Dog

very nice and healthy lookin pups rally;)

11. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

they all got ate the fuck up

12. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Haha....lmao!!!!

13. DJordan22

DJordan22 Pup

Redboy dogs

14. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Always heard boyle's had alot of wind if shaped right Nice lookin dogs rally !

15. popper

popper CH Dog

have some red boy.... GREAT wind during the winter ...i find during ourhot summers tend to run a bit hot.

16. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Redboy, I don't know never seen it pure like that but if you need wind, jeep is the answer, seen lots of redboy/jeep crosses with it but I know pure Jeep is hands down the best, one of their biggest attributes and redboy/jeep crosses good so you can get gameness and wind at the same time.

17. popper

popper CH Dog

what about some Eli..... amlooking into that .... Whats some of yalls opnion with eli blood? heard about mouth and strong but about in the wind department... Jeep isnt a bad idea either... but there is alot Of Eli dogs around these parts

18. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Theres Blanket statements that say Eli dogs are notorious for not having enough wind but im sure somewhere out there there are breeders of this line that breed for more wind...My experience Redboy/Jeep and Boyle's both have good wind

19. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

havent heard the Eli dogs not having wind one yet. basically natural wind is gonna come from the build a dog has. more a family trait than entire lines as some people go for differently built dogs that can be bred similar.

20. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

yeah i didnt say i agreed just something i had heard a time or 10...lol
    I generally like dogs built like thoroughbreds so to speak..sleak and lean.
    dog thats first to mind Chinaman:cool: