1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

would you pick an untested dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pitbull-kid, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

Honestly, I don't like the dually comparison because every part on that is stress tested for performance in development. That dog is not. Looks are meaningless unless it's backed by proven evidence of ability.

If I was a criminal that dog wouldn't mean a damn thing to me. Nothing a piece of meat and some poison couldn't fix.

2. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

It's a dilution of black. I wouldn't call that dog "blue". I don't think those breeding blue bullies would either but there are certain issues to be aware of when breeding.

http://www.doggenetics.co.uk/merle.html

3. will w.

will w. Pup

go for it!

4. young muscle

young muscle Big Dog

I went to AZ and got a gyp from Bobby Smith & TL, she had a belly full of pups from a son
    of Gr ch Badger,she was untouched & cold yet she thru fire!
    He (B . Smith) told me he had know problem breeding an untested/untouched gyp , trusted
    in the breeding but for me I would look at the female,
    so my answer is yes& no .

5. The Handler

The Handler Big Dog

Why not..its all a chance..plus its from proven stock

6. STONEY

STONEY Pup

take a chance if you like the dog you shouldnt have to ask another what you should due thats your first mistake.

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I'm not going to lose sleep nor throw a piss fit if someone wants to breed a cold bitch with the proper criteria and credentials directly around and behind her. What I would indeed caution about is starting a trend which would be the opposite of how these dogs got to be what they are to begin with and have a continuum being. That is, quality to quality without much void spaces or loop holes along the way.