1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Wort/Pimple on skin

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by BRONXXX, Nov 30, 2010.

1. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Found this pimple/wort thing on the back of one of my dogs.

Any idea of what it could be? Anyone dealt with anything similar?

[​IMG]

2. How long has it been there? Tyson had one when I brought him in for the winter and had one earlier in the summer as well, I assumed it was some sort of bite, and took about a month to fully go away.

3. Outsider

Outsider Big Dog

Try Nu-Stock, it's good stuff...

4. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Its been there about 4 days. Did you give any treatment or let nature take its course?

Never heard of it, thanks for the refferal. Based on the reviews I read, that product seems like it does wonders for alot of different topical ailments. The only con I found was that it has a very strong sulfur smell to it...Might be worth putting up with the smell seeing its range of use though. Do you have first hand expierience using it?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  5. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Looks like a histiocytoma (benign skin tumor). They pop up out of no where, usually on young dogs, and disappear on their own in a few months. Its a good idea to have a vet take a look at it anyway.

6. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

Yea, it wouldn't hurt to have a vet look at it. But Pit Bulls have relatively sensitive skin compared to other breeds and mutts. As tough as their skin is it seems weird to say, but I've seen a lot of bulldogs with a number of skin irritations.

7. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Correct diagnosis!

Went to the Vet today, thats exactly what she said. Doesnt know how they come about, but yeah they should go away like you said in a month or so. Got some ointment in the meantime to help the process.

Thanks for your help! :)

8. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

You're welcome! :) Did you get the animax ointment (nystatin-neomycin sulfate)? Use it liberally, it will help.

9. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

Didnt get Animax, the vet gave me EnteDerm.