1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Worst luck on bloodlines, personally...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MinorThreat, Jul 4, 2007.

1. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

I was in college and gave way more money then I could afford on a direct son of Skull ROM. I raised this crazy dog from a pup, he killed my turtles, a few opposums and wasnt to friendly to people either, not people mean but lacked any personality. He grew up and ended up being an expensive "paper dog."

When I made the call he was not even for sale, he was the keeper and their were no other litters on the ground, I paid a ton of money because he was the only one left and the keeper, yes from the source. I remember saying name your price and it was done

lmao live and learn.

anyone else?

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Not in buying a dog, but in stud service to high-dollar, well-bred, big name dogs, who couldn't produce anything more than pets.

On the same token, it is all worth it. It's the odds you play. There was a reason you paid the money you did, and for stud service as well. Had they turned out, you probably would of been rewarded well past your initial investment. However, it wasn't in the plan, and you lost that hand. On the whole, it's a small loss to have seemingly favorable odds and played. No one can predict the future, and sometimes the risk v rewards makes even failures worth the effort.

3. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

just like i tell people all the time its a gamble..after searching five years i found who i want to get a dog from..and its going to be a gamble..but have to play the odds..keep in mind some curs produce champs..got to know how to play your cards.

4. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

agreed

just telling how I was young and spent every dollar I had on a dog bred as well as any and he didnt know he was supposed to be a bulldog

no big deal, the story just came to mind from years ago

not down on Eli dogs either, just an experience

5. 440rider

440rider Guest

let's see how it was bred up?

6. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Understood where you were coming from MT, no need to explain. If the dog didn't have a good chance at being what you were looking for, you would of never laid down the cash.

7. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

yeah but even out of a litter you still may not get but one good one,,,Question is which one? without having they whole keep you may not find the one your looking for,,, and even if you do,,,one slip and it may be gone,,,because a good game dog will throw down if having a glimer of a possiblity to happen,,,

8. tnob

tnob Big Dog

If its worth breeding you need to be able to keep the majority of them or place them were you have availability to them.

9. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

Not every dog a breeder produces , turns out. i dare say there aint many on here that hasnt bought a pup and had it not turn out for them. Some breeders will take care of you if you buy a cull from them. This is the ones I would try to seek out and do business with in the future. Also remember that not every great dog can pass on their ability to their offspring. Like was said, it is a gamble, deal with the quality breeders will cut down the odds.

UOTE=tnob]If its worth breeding you need to be able to keep the majority of them or place them were you have availability to them.[/QUOTE]

10. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

This is true I would buy a grown dog befor a pup any way. But if you breed them keep them so YOU can find out what works any time you buy a pup its like a lotto ticket you never know. YIS J

11. shonkhate

shonkhate Pup

Shtuff Happens