1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

world cup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peppapig, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

Eurocup and World Cup champions jajajajajaja!!!!

2. dannyboy

dannyboy Big Dog

BIG congratulations!! would love to be back in javea tonight, bet the atmosphere is absolutely buzzing there!!! Have a great evening pearl!!:D

3. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

if we are honest its been a poor world cup. poor final also. but congrats to spain.

hidden gem of the tournament has to be forlan.

4. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

I would not say hidden, he plays pretty good on the Spanish liga and did a good worldcup.

What happened in my opinion, most teams were afraid to lose and played defensively (sp) trying to counter atack or score on corners etc. The only team that played wanting to dominate and with possesion is Spain, yes im spanish but you can take a look and you will realze.

I dont like how Holland played, soccer must be fun to see and they played nasty and dirty complaning to the ref every minute. I think Spain deserved to win.

5. dannyboy

dannyboy Big Dog

Why are you on the computer.....GO AND CELEBRATE you nutter:D

6. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

I think spain deserved to have won that game also , Holland did play dirty de jong's karate kick was horrible. van bommel has made very nasty fouls throughout the tournament. but its not suprising as robben stated in an interview a couple of days ago that they would rather win scrappy and dirty than play beatiful football and loose

Although I dont think spain deserve the title as the worlds best based on there world cup performance this year. 4 consequent matches won 1-0 hardly spell binding football played. But having said that they got the job done and won the world cup which they havent won before and the nation must be proud.

All I can say is I think brazil 2014 is going to be a very attacking styled tournament with different coaches and players maturing.

7. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

I wake up in 7 hours and i worked today 12h lol, so my celebration will be resting in my bed lol. Dogs went nuts, lot of fireball, people on the street and Spain is a party today.

@Titch.

I agree with you, we'll see on 2012 eurocup and 2014 worldcup, i didnt like this worldcup much because most teams played very defensive, just like italy does on every worldcup. We would've seen more goals if Portugal,Paraguay,Germany and Holland didnt play with 9 mans defending, this time with Snjeider and Robben trying to score on counteratack but this year Pique and Puyol made a very good defense, i dont like Capdevila and Sergio Ramos was in very good form atacking on every chance.

Personally i dont like Xabi Alonso or Torres, overated players and players like Silva, Pedro, Navas or Llorente are better imo, the ball would run faster and with more finish, Villa had to do like the 75% of goals... best player on the worldcup with Xavi and Iker Casillas... best goalkeeper and today he showed to the world again, he did it before against Germany.

But what i like is good matchs and this worldcup most were boring.

Funny thing is, i work on Holland Bike Store here in Spain LOL. Tomorrow is gonna be fun, Spanish flags everywhere haha.

8. beanieman

beanieman Banned

what a boring world final.
    expected from both teams some better gameplay then this.
    And the reff, come on man i know he like´s to give cards but this.
    The way he took charge also had a hold on the game.
    Congrats to spain, they did had some better team playing and attacks !

@ pirbul, enjoy the party over there, i know i would

9. Well I think it was a great effort by Holland and I agree the final was not all everyone was expecting. In any case, congratulations to España! World Cup Champions for the first time!!!

Titch, I live a few blocks from Diego (Forlan), we get our dog food from the same guy in fact so does Suarez who also did one hell of a job.
    Don't forget that we are a tiny little country poor as you can be with a population of less than 3 million and all our best players always leave to play in Europe. Usually we get a few of them back to play in the world cup but this time we had no money so we had to use the people that were already here. Not so bad considering our resources lol.

10. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

viva españa!!

11. KDW

KDW Native Nightmare

la viva espana!!! :D:D

12. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

Was a poor world cup in many ways no doubt about that as far as performance goes. The only team that stands out in my mind and will be remembered for this world cup imo is Germany, when they 'played' they showed some killer fast counter attacks, very impressive.

Grats to Spain, They deserved to win the game last night [I was rooting for Holland] Robben fluffed it and He knows it.

I agree with whoever said Forlan was the player of the tournament, but then He stood out amidst a mediocre tournemaent.

Well done Spain. [Im going to Spain this wednesday, so I will keep my head down] :D

13. Just found out that Forlan was voted best player of the World Cup 2010!

Never forget, Forlan nació Manya!
    Viva los Carboneros! Arriba Peñarol!!!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBBWBmrzp1Y&feature=related[/ame]