1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

workouts per day??

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by alabama, Nov 19, 2009.

1. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

a.m. handwalking and some ball play or swimming (depends on the dog) to wear them out

p.m. handwalk a few minutes for warm up and to empty then weight work, springpole, then slat mill then if the dog is still showing he has a lot of energy i wear his ass out with the flirt pole

2. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Well this all depends on the dog's level and also the time you have on your hands.

Ideally you need to start your dog with very slow and consistent work, And very gradually work your dog up from there. You need to pay close attention to the dog so as not to over work and cause a injury, You also need to make sure you rub your dog down after every work session and be sure you rest your dog properly. If you get a injury from inexperienced over working the results can be catastrophic and will set you back considerably.

I always liked to work a dog once a day and keep the dog on a good schedule, But I also understand that people have to work to keep food on the table so if you need to take your routine and adjust it for twice daily you won't see any harm there. Just keep a good chart and always pay close attention to it so you won't be taking weight off to fast or be on the verge of a injury.

3. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

I agree with you 100%. By the way..you have the resume to prove it! LOL!;)

YIS

4. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Lol! Thanks STPFAN! Where you been hiding lately?