1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

FL: Woman accused of performing fatal C-section on dog

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Woman accused of performing fatal C-section on dog
    Posted: Mar 20, 2014 4:52 AM EST

Courtesy: WFLA Courtesy: WFLA

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - A Tampa woman is accused of cutting open a pregnant dog's belly and using glue to close the incision.

A multi-agency investigation culminated in the arrest of Candace Hauser, 31, on Saturday.

Investigators say a Polk County woman brought a pregnant mastiff to Hauser's Tampa home, thinking Hauser could help deliver the puppies.

When the dog began having difficulty delivering the last two puppies, investigators say Hauser performed a C-section on the dog without anesthesia, and used non-medical glue to close the wound.

The dog later died in her owner's car.

Investigators say fourteen puppies were born, and thirteen lived. The dog's owner took the puppies home with her.

A Polk County veterinary hospital tipped off the Sheriff's Office about what happened.

Investigators say Hauser does not have a license to practice veterinary care. She faces a felony charge of aggravated animal cruelty.

Woman accused of performing fatal C-section on dog - WKRN, Nashville News, Nashville Weather and Sports

2. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Wow...

3. amistad

amistad Big Dog

Why did the owner not take the dog to the vet?

4. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Most Vets charge $1500.00 and up and want the money up front before doing the surgery, I am just assuming she didnt have the money to pay for the surgery.

5. david63

david63 CH Dog

I would never attempt anything like that unless I have some Type of training Damn dumb ass people.

6. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

This is some crazy s**t.

7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Common sense is not so common these days.

8. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...then she should never have had a dog...or at least not breed her....???

9. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..."crazy bitch" come's to mind,imagine sleeping in her house +complaining of tummy ache...???