1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Wolf of Wall Street

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by F.D., Jan 1, 2014.

1. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

I saw the movie last night. A very interesting story, and well-acted, it portrays a stock broker who builds a very lucrative brokerage that commits a lot of ethics and legal violations. The brokers were very naughty, and indulged in many excesses. They were bad boys in a lot of ways, yet charismatic and likable too.

One of the side stories was their use of quaaludes, and the ultimate decline in qualuude availability. They took lots of quaaludes, including Lemmon 714, which was apparently the holy grail of ludes.

Anyway, considering that drugs are hard to eradicate, and where there is demand there shall be a supply, why didn't small drug maker chemists (as in the case of meth) start making quaaludes once big drug companies stopped, or if they did, why don't you hear much about them?

I recommend Wolf of Wall Street, but it isn't for the faint of heart if sex, drugs and profanity bother you.

2. old goat

old goat CH Dog

ropers and lemons were what everyone did in the 70's and 80's then carter's people in the white house got caught up partying a little to much . that's when carter said well i don't think i will legalize marijuana now and went after drugs like the rest did . they made whatever the numbing feeling was illegal and band it across the world and took it out of everything they made with it . mandrix was coming from south africa but they stopped that some how . there is still bathtub qua's out there but that is usually found on the east coast . there was 1 thing about them everyone was going to have a very good time lol .

3. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

Haha - yes, as you suggest OG, ludes did apparently make people have a good time. Were they dangerous, other than impaired driving, etc.?

4. old goat

old goat CH Dog

they were if you were to drive . most people took them at parties or clubbing . but they were for the girls they loved them and well you know the rest lol .

5. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Yes those morning biscuits lol ! That was also a nickname for the 714........I have always wondered why they were not bootleg as well. The were when the Roarer was also a 714, along with the Lemon 714 were bootleged while the company was still making them ! I did my share lol !!! But,those days are long gone..........

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  6. old goat

old goat CH Dog

roarer and ropers and lemmon 714 were bootlegged from florida but that stopped to . they stay on the east coast .