1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

wolf cross game dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by masta of game, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masta of game

masta of game Banned

2. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

From reading those post it would bring instability, and long hair(lol) I wouldnt tinker with it

3. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i think its a lousy idea-just like w/ the gsd
    i cant see this bringing anything good to the table...what are we lacking w/the APBT that we would need to cross it w/ a wolf???

4. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I think its about the most irresponsible, stupid thing I've ever heard of.

5. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

no offence but your always coming up with dumbass topics.

6. NOTK

NOTK Banned

when breeding two specimens for the "right" reasons you have a superior knowledge of all the dogs characteristics from handling it and spending time around it. You know your dogs abilities the best, what would you know about a random wolf to make him want to breed it to a dog that you believe is worthy?? And as far as the wolf being a wild animal and all that I dont think it will bring any advantages to an apbt that has been bread from proven stocks generation after generation, shit who knows your wolf mighta been the CUR. In my opinion id rather neuter my dog than do THIS.

7. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I think it's a bad idea. It will most likely cause some human aggression, and that's not something we need with this breed.

8. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

sounds like a pitwieller to me :D

9. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Not cool!!!! Would only bring aggression and like the other poster said, long hair. People been breeding dogs a long time to get away from the wolf, why put it back in and start all over. I have seen a few wolf hybrids and they are very unpredictable. That would be like breeding cats to tigers.:eek:

10. smokey024

smokey024 Big Dog

My moms boyfriend has a wolf hybrid that he rescued and I have worked with wolves before but I would not say that in either case the animals were unpredictable. The wolf hybrid is the same or better temperment wise as any other dog that I have met and this is after being chained up and almost starved to death as a young dog.

11. i think that will be a hell of a bore hunter:cool:

12. I actually think that would be interesting,so long as you breed it back to pit.:rolleyes:

13. koening

koening Top Dog

Not a good ideea ... not at all . Why would someone want an unpredictable dog , that can hurt someone , and could also kill the breeds image ?

14. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I said the ones I had seen were very unpredictable. They would act like they wanted to be petted one minute and snarl at you the next. Wolves of long ago were more aggresive in how they raised their young and established themselves in the pack. Dogs today are pretty much dependant on humans. I would still say that it is unwise to cross them.

15. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Considering wolves are very interested in self-preservation, do mainly posturing and don't fight to the death, I don't see what benefit that would be to a gamedog breeding program.

16. cutt

cutt CH Dog

well put... Our generations of dogs have history like no other and to jeopardize what has been founded already by ancestors would kill the image...

17. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Stupid.........:rolleyes:

18. masta of game

masta of game Banned

they got hyenas there.. so thats when i thought about a wolf and game dog lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

What??? Are you talking about using them to hunt Hyenas?

20. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

When I was in School in Colorado we went to the Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Refuge. And they said that a hybrid was more unpredictable than a Full wolf.

At work I hear alot oh he/she is part wolf. I tend to think that the owner thinks it sounds cool. Also the hybrids that I have dealt with are very shy, aloof, and not social. So therefore I think that crossing that with an APBT would only further fuel BSL and all around a BAD idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.