1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

With love from the South West

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kilojay505, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Hello everyone from New Mexico with love Im currently looking to learn all I can about game dogs and I know Joining this site is a great start so much information among this forum. I have a little bit of experience with the breed with my grandaddy always keeping a few game dogs around until the day he died abouts 6yrs ago. He had 3 dogs when he died which were found dead on their chains a couple weeks after. Rumor around town is they were poisoned but idk I cant imagine why someone would poision them since my 80yr old widowed grandmother was obviously never going show or breed them but idk. So its been over 6 yrs since Ive dealt with a true gamedog ,I havent seen any true gamedogs in my area to tell ya the truth. My past personal dogs have been 2 dobermans, 1 american bully(given to me as a "blue" pitbull ) and 2 rescue apbt.

2. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

...Welcome and good intro,,, a great site to learn about bulldogs from...
    ...Sorry for the loss of you grandpa,,, sounds like a true dogman to have dogs at that age,,,
    do you have any idea how you grandpops dogs were bred???

3. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Man it tough now and it was tough in the early 70's! I would try and go to some APBT shows around your area, I think they have them in Las Vegas NM. but don't expect people to open up make friends FIRST, DONT go asking questions they arnt go'n to answer!!! It's along hard road gaining peoples trust now days! So many people have been ratted off by people they trusted! Buenos Suerte, if it's meant to be it will happen! Any of your grandfathers friends or family still around, if so I would start there!

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Welcome to the site.

5. thanks everyone. It is definitely tough now to gain peoples trust now but I dont blame them with the possibility of losing your livelihood. My grandaddys hounds for the past 15-20 yrs have been runts, curs and colds that were given to him. I do remember he had a old 11yr male named Mistic that got loose and killed 3 goats and got into one of his other dogs in no more than 15 mins I told him I couldnt believe that old ass dog was still game he informed me that he was from the plumbers gator line. I was ignorant to bloodlines for a long time I USED to think it was all in the individual dog like humans.

6. RobR73

RobR73 Big Dog

The last two years they have only had one show per year in the Belen area. In 2015 it was held in June and this year it was held in February.

7. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

It pretty much is all in the individual dog. Just because a dog comes from a certain bloodline doesn't mean it will be like the others..... No bloodline produces all game dogs

8. rswan88

rswan88 Pup

Im in the roswell area and there isnt a real dog man around. Gonna have to do some traveling and meeting some good guys to get anything thats going to make it.

9. Yes havent found any thing of interest my way neither but TX isnt too far. On a side note I here theres still some folks that show gamefowl in NM whick interest me but thats for a different forum

10. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I'd venture to say they are cookers and doggers in every state. Cookers are alot easier to get in with though.